The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product ’s Z-Wave Plus Wireless Switch (RF9601)from Eaton. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Eaton follow that link.
Features & Benefits:
• Replaces standard switch to add local and wireless control
• Single pole and 3-Way control: Use with standard 3-Way switch or Z-Wave Plus Accessory RF9617
• Neutral is required for installation
• Supports motors loads up to ½ HP
• Features blue load indicating LED light that can be dimmed in ON or OFF state
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Eaton Z-Wave Plus Wireless Switch supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Eaton describes Eaton Z-Wave Plus Wireless Switch as having the following features:
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Neutral Wire Required
- Switch Type
- Z-Wave Scene Type
- Electric Load Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. To include this device in a Z-Wave network, select the command on your Z Wave controller for inclusion (Install, Add Device,
Add Node, Include Device, etc.). Then press the device ON/OFF button one time to include it in the network.
2. Based on the controller, the controller may ask you to scan the QR code or manually enter 5 digit code under the QR code
to install the device as a secured device. You may find this QR code on the device or included in device packaging.
3. After the Device is added to the network, the blue indicator LED will stop blinking. This indicates the device is installed in the Z-Wave
1. To exclude this device from a Z-Wave network, select the setting on your Z-Wave controller for exclusion
(Uninstall, Remove Device, Remove Node, Exclude Device, etc.).
2. Once your controller is in exclusion mode, press the device ON/OFF button one time to exclude it from the network. The LED will start
Factory reset Eaton Z-Wave Plus Wireless Switch
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
The device could be reset locally. This will cause the device to be excluded from its network and restore to factory default.
Before leaving the network the switch will send a notification to the controller indicating its departure from the Z-Wave network.
1. Turn the device ON.
2. Press and hold ON/OFF button for 20 second till the LED flashes for the third time.
3. Release the ON/OFF button.
4. LED will start flashing rapidly. Once the LED starts blinking slowly, that indicates the device is not part of the network.
Please note that this is a user manual Eaton Z-Wave Plus Wireless Switch from Eaton is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Eaton Z-Wave Plus Wireless Switch and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.