The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product ZWM - Wi-Fi and Z-Wave Module for Command (ADTZWM for Command)from ADT Security Services Inc.. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from ADT follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, ZWM - Wi-Fi and Z-Wave Module for Command supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
ADT describes ZWM - Wi-Fi and Z-Wave Module for Command as having the following features:
- Communications Connections
- Thermostat Modes
- Battery powered using Li-Io Battery Pack batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Supported Notification Types
- Communications Protocol
- Thermostat HVAC Systems Supported
- Controller Supports Multiple Z-Wave Interfaces
- Z-Wave Scene Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Editing or Removing a Device:
Removing devices from the Alarm.com Z-WAVE DEVICE’s Z-Wave network
1. Using the Dealer Website
a. Move all Z-Wave devices you plan to delete close to the Alarm.com Z-WAVE DEVICE.
b. Navigate to the Equipment page.
c. Click the emPower Devices tab.
d. Open the Advanced Z-Wave Commands menu below the Equipment List.
e. Click Delete Z-Wave Devices.
f. Wait for the bolded message: Checking for deleted devices on the network.
g. Trigger a device to remove it from the network.
h. When a device is deleted successfully and its network information is erased, it will show up on this screen following a 30 second delay.
i. Continue triggering devices. You may delete many devices to the network without reentering Delete Mode.
Adding a Device (Inclusion)
1. Power up your device per the manufacturer's instructions with the ADT Zwave-WiFi car installed.
2. Adding devices to the Alarm.com Z-WAVE DEVICE’s Z-Wave Network
NOTE: This process leverages Network Wide Inclusion. In addition, any controllers added to the Alarm.com Z-WAVE DEVICE will have network information replicated over to them.
1. Using the Dealer Website
a. Navigate to the Equipment page.
b. Click the emPower Devices tab.
c. Open the Advanced Z-Wave Commands menu below the Equipment List.
d. Click Add Z-Wave Devices.
e. Wait for the bolded message: Checking for new devices on the network.
f. Trigger a device to add it to the network.
g. When a device is added successfully, it will show up on this screen following a
30 second delay.
h. Continue triggering devices. You may add many devices to the network
without reentering Add Mode.
Controller Learn Mode Description:
1. You can set the panel to receive network information from another Z-Wave controller using the Learn Mode. Log into the Alarm.com administrator web portal (or Alarm.com Mobile Tech app), search for the customer account, when located then click ""Equipment"" , then click ""emPower® Devices"".
Factory reset ZWM - Wi-Fi and Z-Wave Module for Command
Reset Alarm.com Z-WAVE DEVICE to default state
NOTE: This function will forcibly clear the Alarm.com Z-WAVE DEVICE’s Z-Wave node identification and will also remove all network information from the Z-WAVE DEVICE. Use this procedure only in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
1. A Z-Wave factory reset must be triggered from the Alarm.com dealer site
2. Navigate to the Equipment page.
3. Click the “emPower Devices” tab.
4. Open the “Advanced Z-Wave Commands” menu by clicking the button below the Equipment List.
5. Towards the bottom next to the “Equipment List Label” text click on the “Remove All Z-Wave Devices” button.
6. Allow 3 minutes for the associated commands to go through and for the Z-WAVE DEVICE to act on them.
Please note that this is a user manual ZWM - Wi-Fi and Z-Wave Module for Command from ADT Security Services Inc. is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have ZWM - Wi-Fi and Z-Wave Module for Command and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.