The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Connect+ Security Panel with Z-Wave Controller (Australia) (RE6110-A)from Alula. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Alula follow that link.
Your customers will love how easy it is to control their security with smart devices and easy setup of scenes and automation.
RE6100P-XX-X CONNECT+ PANEL
Bluetooth Smart Radio Transceiver
Slot 1 & 2 Available Expansion Cards
Slot 3 Pick 1 option
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Connect+ Security Panel with Z-Wave Controller (Australia) supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Alula describes Connect+ Security Panel with Z-Wave Controller (Australia) as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using Ni-Mh 6v 2500mAh batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Navigate to the Devices screen using the left side menu on the Touchpad.
2. Touch the “+ Add” icon on the top right corner to start adding Z-Wave.
3. Connect+ will start the addition process and the following messages will display on the right side of the screen. This may take only a few seconds, or up to a minute to complete if the Connect+ controller is busy.
4. When the second message above is displayed, Connect+ is now ready to add the new device. Follow the new device’s instructions to place it into inclusion mode. This is typically a button press.
5. After putting the device into inclusion mode, the following message will display on the screen. Depending on the device and number of supported command
classes, this may take only a few seconds or up to a minute to complete.
6. If inclusion is successful, Connect+ will begin a device interrogation and gather current device command class states. It may take several seconds to display current device status on the screen. By default, the device’s initial name is set to the assigned node number within the Z-Wave network. The following is an example of a typical light switch device.
1.On the Z-Wave device page on the Touchpad, touch the “- Remove” icon in the top right corner.
2.Connect+ will start the removal process. Status messages will display on the right side of the screen, and follow similar steps to the Add process. You will be prompted to place the device into exclusion mode, which is typically a button press. Follow the device’s instructions to place it into exclusion mode.
3. If removal fails, try again until successful.
Security S2 enabled
Even though there is a battery backup, the Z-Wave controller always remains in full power mode, Central Static Controller.
There are three “Learn Mode” commands available. First is Classic Learn Mode, used for both inclusion and exclusion to and from an existing network. This is an old style command used for direct line of site with a legacy controller that may not support the new learn modes. This mode is also used for controller replication, described in the Network Copy section of this manual.
The next two learn modes are Network Wide Inclusion Learn Mode (NWI), named just “Inclusion Mode” on the Touchpad, and Network Wide Exclusion Learn Mode (NWE), named “Exclusion Mode” on the Touchpad. These commands do not require direct line of site to the third party controller; however, it is recommended if possible.
1. Navigate to the Z-Wave sub-menu as described in the Factory Reset section of this manual.
2. If network requirements are met as explained above, then the “Join/Leave Another Z-Wave Network” option will be visible in the menu, otherwise it will not be present.
3. BEFORE selecting a Learn Mode from the sub menu, place the primary controller on the other network into Add or Remove mode.
4. From the sub menu, select the Learn Mode to join the other existing network. The learn mode is only active for roughly 10 seconds. If another primary network is found in that time frame, it will attempt a connection. The join process may take a few seconds to several minutes to complete.
5. After the Touchpad shows a successful learn mode completion, please wait at least 30-45 ADDITIONAL seconds to allow new network initialization and device discovery to complete. The above message will be displayed on the Touchpad as a reminder.
Factory reset Connect+ Security Panel with Z-Wave Controller (Australia)
Two types of Z-Wave reset are supported: soft reset and hard reset. Soft reset will only reboot the Z-Wave controller and will retain all your devices. Use this if you are experiencing persistent network issues to attempt to correct them. A hard reset will set the Z-Wave controller in Connect+ back to its factory default and all network devices will be cleared.
1. Navigate to the Settings screen from the left side menu, or the Settings icon on the home screen on the Touchpad.
2. In the Settings menu, touch the last item “Panel” and enter your 4-digit security system PIN when prompted.
3. In the next sub-menu, scroll down and select the “Z-Wave” menu item.
4. Select either “Soft Reset” or “Hard Reset”. You will see a confirmation message on the screen before performing the reset action.
5. A hard reset typically takes 5-10 seconds to complete. A soft reset will take additional time to complete refreshing all devices on the network, approximately 30 seconds per enrolled device. On large networks this may take several minutes to complete before normal operation is expected to resume.
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
If this controller is the primary controller for your network, resetting it will result in the nodes in your network being orphaned and it will be necessary after the reset to exclude and re-include all of the nodes in the network. If this controller is being used as a secondary controller in the network, use this procedure to reset this controller only in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Please note that this is a user manual Connect+ Security Panel with Z-Wave Controller (Australia) from Alula is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Connect+ Security Panel with Z-Wave Controller (Australia) and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.