The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Alert Button (T8343-JP)from Axis Communications . To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Axis follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Alert Button supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Axis describes Alert Button as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Switch Type
- Battery powered using AAA batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Supported Notification Types
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Alert Button
Factory Reset (This procedure should only be used when the controller is inoperable.)
1. Press the link button 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the link button again and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state.
Wakeup Command Class
After it has been included into a Z-Wave network, the detector will go to sleep but will send a Wakeup Notification Command periodically at preset period to the controller. The detector will stay awake for 10 seconds at least and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
The time interval between Wakeup Notification Commands can be set in the Wakeup Command Class based on the range values below:
Minimum Wake Up Interval 600s (10 minutes)
Maximum Wake Up Interval 86400s (1 day)
Default Wake Up Interval 14400s (4 hours)
Wake Up Interval Step Seconds 600s (10 minutes)
For more details see the installation guide
1. Detach the battery cover.
2. Press the link button 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into learning (inclusion/exclusion) mode.
3. The exclusion process should be completed when the LED stops blinking
4. Refit the battery cover.
The detector supports the auto inclusion feature where it will automatically enter Inclusion mode when first powered up. This will
also apply when powered up after a factory reset.
1. Carefully remove the front cover by pulling the bottom of the front cover. There is a link button which is used to put the
device in learning mode (inclusion/exclusion).
2. Put a Z-Wave controller into inclusion mode.
3. Insert 2 AAA-batteries (1,5V) into the battery compartment with the correct polarity. The LED on the device should turn ON
4. The inclusion process should be completed when the LED stops blinking
You can also choose to manually add the Z-Wave device to a control device. Please follow the steps described below.
For best results, exclude the device before starting the inclusion process. For more details see the installation guide
1. Press the link button 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into learning (inclusion/exclusion) mode.
2. The inclusion process should be completed when the LED stops blinking
3. Perform a test before you refit the cover.
Please note that this is a user manual Alert Button from Axis Communications is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Alert Button and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.