The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Door/Window Sensor (T8342)from Axis Communications . To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Axis follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Door/Window Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Axis describes Door/Window Sensor as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR2450 batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Supported Notification Types
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the
unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
Factory reset Door/Window Sensor
This procedure should only be used when the controller is inoperable.
1. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the tamper switch again and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state.
After the detector has been included into a Z-wave network it will go to sleep, but it will send a wake-up notification command
to the controller periodically at a preset period . The motion detector will stay awake for at least 10 seconds and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
The time interval between wake up notification commands can be set in the wake up command class based on the range values below:
Minimum wake up interval 600s (10 minutes)
Maximum wake up interval 86400s (1 day)
Default wake up interval 14400s (4 hours)
Wake up interval step seconds 600s (10 minutes)
Please note that this is a user manual Door/Window Sensor from Axis Communications is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Door/Window Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.