The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product M5065 (M5065)from Axis Communications . To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Axis follow that link.
It supports wireless input/output connectivity for communication with Z-Wave Plus devices. The ceiling-mount camera enables flexible coverage over a 400 m² (4300 sq. ft) area with ±180° pan, 90° tilt and 5x optical zoom. It provides full frame rate video in HDTV 1080p resolution, and supports multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams. The IP51 rating ensures protection against dust and dripping water, enabling AXIS M5065 to operate even when a sprinkler system is activated.
> HDTV 1080p
> Wireless input/output connectivity with Z-wave Plus®
> Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af)
> Built-in analytics
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, M5065 supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Axis describes M5065 as having the following features:
- Supported Notification Types
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset M5065
How to reset to factory default settings
Reset to factory default should be used with caution. A reset to factory default resets all settings, including the IP address, to
the factory default values.
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable
To reset the product to the factory default settings:
1. Disconnect power from the product.
2. Press and hold the control button and reconnect power.
3. Keep the control button pressed for 15–30 seconds until the status LED indicator flashes amber.
4. Release the control button. The process is complete when the status LED indicator turns green. The product has been reset
to the factory default settings. If no DHCP server is available on the network, the default IP address is 192.168.0.90
5. Using the installation and management software tools, assign an IP address, set the password, and access the video stream.
The installation and management software tools are available from the support pages at axis.com/support
It is also possible to reset parameters to factory default via the web interface. Go to Setup > System Options > Maintenance and
How to remove a Z-Wave device
This is the recommended removal procedure.
1. Go to Setup > Wireless I/O.
2. Click Remove. The product starts looking for Z-Wave devices in the Z-Wave network.
3. Set the Z-Wave device to be added into learning (inclusion/exclusion) mode as described in its User Manual.
4. Wait until the removal process is finalized as indicated by Status: Done on the web page.
The Z-wave device is now removed from the Z-Wave Device List.
All product-related information in the removed Z-Wave device is erased.
How to add a Z-Wave device
You can only add a maximum of six Z-Wave devices to the product at any given time. If the maximum number is reached, you need
to remove a Z-Wave device before you can add a new one. See How to remove a Z-Wave device on page 39.
1. Go to Setup > Wireless I/O.
2. Select Enable Z-Wave and click Save. You may need to wait for a few minutes for Z-Wave to become active.
3. Click Add. The product starts looking for Z-Wave devices in the Z-Wave network.
4. Set the Z-Wave device to be added into learning (inclusion/exclusion) mode as described in its User Manual.
5. If requested, enter the PIN delivered with the Z-Wave device, and click Enter.
6. Wait until the adding process is finalized as indicated by Status: Done on the web page. The device’s status information
7. Click Refresh to update the Z-Wave device info, e.g. battery status, and add a name for the device. Click Save.
Please note that this is a user manual M5065 from Axis Communications is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have M5065 and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.