The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Carbon Monoxide Detector (CO-8ZW)from Climax Technology. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Climax Technology follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Carbon Monoxide Detector supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Climax Technology describes Carbon Monoxide Detector as having the following features:
- Battery powered using AA batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery Quantity
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
This function uses the Z-Wave Wake Up Command Class. The Wake Up Command Class allows the battery-powered Carbon Monoxide Detector to notify the Control Panel/Gateway that it is awake and ready to receive any queued commands. The wake up time is programmed automatically according to Control Panel’s setting when The Carbon Monoxide Detector is included. The recommended setting of the wake up time is 60 minutes above.
Factory reset Carbon Monoxide Detector
(Only use factory reset when network Control Panel/Gateway is missing or inoperable).
- Remove the batteries of the Carbon Monoxide Detector first.
- Press and hold the Test Button. While holding the Test Button, power on the Heat Detector by re-inserting the batteries, wait for 10 seconds to factory reset.
The Carbon Monoxide Detector must be removed from existing Z-Wave network before being included into another. There are two methods available to exclude a device.
- Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Exclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
- Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times and the Carbon Monoxide Detector will be removed from the Z-Wave network.
This product can be included and operated in any Z-Wave network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufactures and/or other applications. All non-battery operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase reliability of the network.
- Insert the 3 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment connecting the correct polarity as shown on the battery compartment lid. CO-8 will emit a 2-tone beep.
- Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Inclusion or Learning mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
- Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times. CO-8 will emit a 2-tone beep.
- Refer to the operation manual of the Z-Wave gateway/Control panel to complete the learn-in process.
- If the sensor has already been included (learnt) into another Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, or if the sensor is unable to be learnt into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, please exclude it first (see Exclusion) before attempting to include it into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel.
Please note that this is a user manual Carbon Monoxide Detector from Climax Technology is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Carbon Monoxide Detector and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.