The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Door Contact (DC-23ZW)from Climax Technology. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Climax Technology follow that link.
Compatible with any Z-Wave mesh networks and devices, the DC-23ZW is ideal for security and home automation applications. It’s elegant, and modish design and no hassle installation allows it to easily fit seamlessly into any home decor.
DC-23ZW Series alerts the system control unit to any irregular activities and sends low battery signals as well as regular supervision signals to check system integrity.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Door Contact supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Climax Technology describes Door Contact as having the following features:
- Supported Notification Types
- Battery Quantity
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery powered using 3V, CR123 Lithium battery batteries
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Door Contact
Press and hold the Function Button of the Door Contact for 10 seconds to factory reset (only use factory reset when network Control Panel/Gateway is missing or inoperable).
1. Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Exclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
2. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times and the Door Contact will be removed from the Z-Wave network.
1. Pull out the battery insulator; this will connect the battery to power on the Door Contact.
2. Put the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel into Inclusion mode (Please refer to the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel manual).
3. Press the Function button 3 times within 1.5 seconds.
4. Refer to the operation manual of the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel to complete adding process.
5. If the Door Contact has already been added (included) into another Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, or if the Door Contact is unable to be added into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, please exclude it first (see Removing Device) before attempting to include it into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel.
The Wake Up Command Class allows the battery-powered Door Contact to notify the Control Panel/Gateway that it is awake and ready to receive any queued commands. The wake up interval time period is programmed automatically according to Control Panel’s setting when The Door Contact is included. The recommended setting of the interval time is between 30 to 60 minutes.
Please note that this is a user manual Door Contact from Climax Technology is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Door Contact and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.