The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Power Switch Series (PSS-29ZW)from Climax Technology. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Climax Technology follow that link.
The Z-Wave Power Switches allow access to the “S2 Unauthenticated” class and support Z-Wave SmartStart inclusion as well as classic inclusion.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Power Switch Series supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Climax Technology describes Power Switch Series as having the following features:
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: The DSK information is stored in the QR code format that is printed on a label and adhered to the front side of the device, as example shown on the right hand side.
1. Plug the Power Switch into a power outlet.
2. Put the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel into Inclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel manual).
3. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times.
4. Refer to the operation manual of the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel to complete the adding process.
5. If the device has already been added (included) into another Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, or if the device is unable to be added into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, please exclude it first (see Removing Device) before attempting to include it into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel.
The device must be removed from existing Z-Wave network before being included into another. There are two methods available to exclude a device.
1. Put the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel into Exclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave Gateway or Control Panel manual).
2. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times and the device will be removed from the Z-Wave network.
Factory reset Power Switch Series
(Only use factory reset when network Control Panel/Gateway is missing or inoperable).
#. Press and hold the Function Button of the device for 10 seconds to factory reset.
Please note that this is a user manual Power Switch Series from Climax Technology is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Power Switch Series and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.