The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Water Leakage Sensor (WLS-23-ZW)from Climax Technology. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Climax Technology follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Water Leakage Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Climax Technology describes Water Leakage Sensor as having the following features:
- Supported Notification Types
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR123 batteries
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Open the cover by removing the bottom fixing screw (using a Philips screwdriver) on the Water Leak Sensor.
2. Insert the battery in the battery compartment
3. Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Inclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
4. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times.
5. Refer to the operation manual of the Z-Wave gateway or control panel to complete the adding process.
6. If the sensor has already been added (included) into another Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, or if the sensor is unable to be learnt into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel, please exclude it first (see Removing Device) before attempting to include it into the current Z-Wave Gateway/Control Panel.
7. Reattach the cover to the base and tighten the bottom-fixing screw.
1. Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Exclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
2. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function Button 3 times and the Water Leak Sensor will be removed from the Z-Wave network.
Factory reset Water Leakage Sensor
(Only use factory reset when network Control Panel/Gateway is missing or inoperable).
Press and hold the Function Button of the Water Leak Sensor for 10 seconds to factory reset.
This function uses the Z-Wave Wake Up Command Class. The Wake Up Command Class allows the battery-powered Water Leak Sensor to notify the Control Panel/Gateway that it is awake and ready to receive any queued commands. The wake up interval is programmed automatically according to the Control Panel’s setting when the Water Leakage Sensor is included. The default wakeup interval is 5 minutes.
Please note that this is a user manual Water Leakage Sensor from Climax Technology is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Water Leakage Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.