The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Wireless Alarm System with Integrated Home Automation (WS900-29)from DSC. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from DSC follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Wireless Alarm System with Integrated Home Automation supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
DSC describes Wireless Alarm System with Integrated Home Automation as having the following features:
- Communications Connections
- Communications Protocol
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery powered using Li-Io Battery Pack batteries
- Thermostat Modes
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Wireless Alarm System with Integrated Home Automation
To remove all the Z-Wave devices and restore the Z-Wave controller to factory defaults, complete the following steps:
1. In the Smartlink web portal, under Home Control , click Device Control.
2. Under Setup, click Tools, then click Reset Z-wave.
Note: Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
You can set the panel to receive network information from another Z-Wave controller using the Learn Mode. Press the button on the controller to put it into Learn Mode.
Some applications include adding the panel to or removing it from another network and changing primary controllers.
To add the panel as a secondary controller to another Z-Wave network, complete the following steps:
1. Put the primary controller into Inclusion mode. Refer to the controller manual for more information.
2. In the Smartlink web portal, under Home Control , click Device Control.
3. Under Setup , click Tools , then click Add/Remove Z-Wave Controller.
Adding a Device
The Smartlink user app main screen has different options to add and control Z-Wave devices.
To add a device on the app, tap the applicable option and complete the following steps:
1. Power up your device per the manufacturer's instructions.
2. From the Settings screen, tap Add Z-Wave Device to initialize learn mode.
3. Follow the instructions onscreen to bind your device. Refer to the device instructions, if necessary.
4. When enrollment completes, enter a device name and tap OK. Your device is ready to use.
If using a Z-Wave smart switch to control power to a light or appliance, such as a fan, simply, plug it into an AC power outlet.
Note: Only use the dimmer function on supported devices to prevent damage to the device.
To remove the panel as a secondary controller and re-establish it as primary, repeat the steps, changing the primary controller in step 1 to Exclusion mode.
Editing or Removing a Device
To edit or remove a device, complete the following steps:
1. From the Settings screen, tap Edit Device , then select the device you want to edit or remove.
2. Update the device name and tap Done to save your changes. Alternatively, tap Remove Device to remove it from your system.
Please note that this is a user manual Wireless Alarm System with Integrated Home Automation from DSC is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Wireless Alarm System with Integrated Home Automation and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.