The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Door/Window Detector (SM810-F)from Everspring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Everspring follow that link.
The unit will give a visual warning on the device and sends a warning to the Z-Wave controller, when batteries need to be replaced. The units send information to a controller or any other associated Z-Wave device. Up to 4 devices can be controlled from this device.
The device needs to be included into a Z-Wave network by a remote control or any other Z-Wave controller. For configuration of certain behavior a static controller such as a PC with home automation software or a gateway is required.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Door/Window Detector supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Everspring describes Door/Window Detector as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR2450 batteries
- Supported Notification Types
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Door/Window Detector
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
1. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the tamper switch again and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
After it has been included into a Z-Wave network, the detector will go to sleep but will send a Wakeup Notification Command periodically at preset period to the controller. The detector will stay awake for 10 seconds at least and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
The time interval between Wakeup Notification Commands can be set in the Wakeup Command Class based on the range values below:
- Minimum Wake Up Interval 600s (10 minutes)
- Maximum Wake Up Interval 86400s (1 day)
- Default Wake Up Interval 14400s (4 hours)
- Wake Up Interval Step Seconds 600s (10 minutes)
Please note that this is a user manual Door/Window Detector from Everspring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Door/Window Detector and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.