The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Outdoor Motion Detector (SP816-1)from Everspring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Everspring follow that link.
This motion detector is primarily designed for outdoor lighting control application. It features a PIR motion detector to detect movement in a protected area and a lux sensor for determining brightness of its surroundings. It comes with a built in timer to set the duration for light turn on. The lux level and the timer can be set through knobs on the device itself.
If the PIR detects motion when lux level falls below a preset setting, the device will transmit a signal to turn on the outdoor lighting (or indirectly through gateway) and then later turns it off when its timer has elapsed.
This device can also be used as a basic motion sensor for indoor security application.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Outdoor Motion Detector supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Everspring describes Outdoor Motion Detector as having the following features:
- Battery powered using AA batteries
- Battery Quantity
- Supported Notification Types
- IP (Ingress Protection) Rated
- Outdoor Use
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Outdoor Motion Detector
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
1. Press the link button 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the tamper switch again and hold until LED is off (about 5 seconds).
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state and will be in auto-inclusion mode for 4 minutes.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
After it has been included into a Z-Wave network, the detector will go to sleep but will send a Wakeup Notification Command periodically at preset period to the controller. The Motion detector will stay awake for 10 seconds at least and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
The time interval between Wakeup Notification Commands can be set in the Wakeup Command Class based on the range values below:
Minimum Wake Up Interval 600s (10 minutes)
Maximum Wake Up Interval 86400s (1 day)
Default Wake Up Interval 14400s (4 hours)
Wake Up Interval Step Seconds 600s (10 minutes)
Please note that this is a user manual Outdoor Motion Detector from Everspring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Outdoor Motion Detector and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.