The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Panic Button (AC136-2)from Everspring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Everspring follow that link.
The Panic Button is a portable wireless switch designed to control the Panic/Disarm status of other associated devices thru the Z-Wave controller. After receiving the signals emitted by the Panic Button, the Z-Wave controller can then give commands or operate according to its own settings. Its great compatibility with Z-Wave products makes it suitable for smart home cloud based platforms.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Panic Button supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Everspring describes Panic Button as having the following features:
- Battery powered using AAA batteries
- Battery Quantity
- Switch Type
- Supported Notification Types
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
Factory reset Panic Button
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
1. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the tamper switch again and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state.
After it has been included into a Z-wave network, the detector will go to sleep but will send a Wakeup Notification Command periodically at preset period to the controller. The detector will stay awake for 10 seconds at least and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
The time interval between Wakeup Notification Commands can be set in the Wakeup Command Class based on the range values below:
Minimum Wake Up Interval 600s (10 minutes)
Maximum Wake Up Interval 86400s (1 day)
Default Wake Up Interval 14400s (4 hours)
Wake Up Interval Step Seconds 600s (10 minutes)
Please note that this is a user manual Panic Button from Everspring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Panic Button and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.