The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Pet Immune Pir Motion Detector (SP815-1)from Everspring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Everspring follow that link.
This product is a Z-Wave Plus enabled device and is fully compatible with any Z-Wave enabled network. The device can be set up in a Z-Wave network to communicate directly with other end devices such as smartplugs, or to report directly to a Z-Wave controller (usually a gateway).
When the motion detector is triggered, an alarm signal will be emitted to the controller and the controller, after receiving the signal, will perform certain action according to its settings.
The product has a built in digital temperature sensor and humidity sensor to report environmental condition of the protected area to the controller.
This product supports the S2 security protocol that uses encrypted Z-Wave Plus messages to communicate to other security-enabled Z-Wave Plus products. A security-enabled Z-Wave Plus Controller must be used in order to fully utilize the security features of this product.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Pet Immune Pir Motion Detector supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Everspring describes Pet Immune Pir Motion Detector as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Supported Notification Types
- Battery powered using CR123A batteries
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode.
2. Press the learn key 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the learn key 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
After it has been included into a Z-Wave network, the detector will go to sleep but will send a Wakeup Notification Command periodically at preset period to the controller. The Motion detector will stay awake for 10 seconds at least and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
The time interval between Wakeup Notification Commands can be set in the Wakeup Command Class based on the range values below:
Minimum Wake Up Interval 600s (10 minutes)
Maximum Wake Up Interval 86400s (1 day)
Default Wake Up Interval 14400s (4 hours)
Wake Up Interval Step Seconds 600s (10 minutes)
Factory reset Pet Immune Pir Motion Detector
1. Press the learn key 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the learn key again and hold for 5 seconds.
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state.
(This procedure should only be used when the controller is inoperable.)
Please note that this is a user manual Pet Immune Pir Motion Detector from Everspring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Pet Immune Pir Motion Detector and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.