The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product AMZ Solar (AMZ Solar AU)from FAKRO. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from FAKRO follow that link.
FAKRO AMZ Solar is equipped with the algorithm which allows to operate the awning blind depending on the insolation level. It is also equipped with the Z-Wave remote control. In an emergency, the awning blind can be controlled by a service button located on the awning blind. The solar awning blind is powered by 12VDC battery pack built-in in the blind’s cases powered by the solar panel.
The AMZ Solar awning blind has three protections:
- Maximum extension (encoder maximum position)
- Completely rolled up (encoder minimum position)
- Current limiting protecting the awning blind against damage and user against accidental injury resulting from the contact with moving elements of the awning blind.
There are four association groups in FAKRO AMZ Solar awning blind:
1. Life Line – group for reporting a position of the awning blind after each stoppage and alarm reporting (overcurrent, damage encoders). A maximum 1 device can be in this group.
2. Basic Repeat – group used to transfer received basic commands to devices included in this group. A maximum 5 devices can be in this group.
3. Multilevel Repeat – group used to transfer received multilevel commands to devices included in this group. A maximum 5 devices can be in this group.
4. Basic Control – group used to transfer received commands from the AMZ Solar (A, S mode) to devices included in this group. A maximum 5 devices can be in this group.
Power voltage: 12V DC
Rated current: 1,4 A
Current limit: YES
Speed: 23 r.p.m
Temperature of usage: (-10 deg C) do (65 deg C)
Supplying cable: 2 x 0,75 mm2
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, AMZ Solar supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
FAKRO describes AMZ Solar as having the following features:
- Supported Notification Types
- Window Covering Control Features
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Parameter Reset Locally – Press fast 3 times P button on the Awning Blind. Function removes information about parameters.
Include - This function allow you to add awning blind to the network Z-Wave. Follow the procedur adding device to the network Z-Wave according to user manual supplied with the product. Then, press the programming button P on the awning blind for 1 second.
Autoinclusion - This feature allow you to add hard to reach devices to Z-Wave network. 3-times ON and OFF the power awning blind (OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON) causes the introduction of awning blind to Autoinclusion mode. Please note that the procedure has been started the time between on and off can not exceed 20s. Autoinclusion mode is activated for a maximum of 10 minutes. During this time, we can add an awning to any Z-Wave controller running in the Include procedure.
Exclude - This function allow you to remove awning blind from the network Z-Wave. Follow the procedur removing device from the network Z-Wave according to user manual supplied with the product. Then, press the programming button P on the awning blind for 1 second. Function removes information only about newtork Z-Wave.
Factory reset AMZ Solar
Device Reset Locally – This function allows you to reset the Z-Wave network without the use of Z-Wave controller. Press 5 times the programming button P fast, the awning blind was removed from the Z-Wave network, restore the default parameters, name and locations.
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Please note that this is a user manual AMZ Solar from FAKRO is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have AMZ Solar and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.