The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)from FIBARO. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Fibaro follow that link.
As a dimmer it operates under the following loads:
• 230V operated conventional incandescent and halogen light sources
• ELV electronic transformers (12V operated halogen lamps and dimmable LED bulbs)
• MLV ferromagnetic transformers with 12V operated halogen lamps
• dimmable LED bulbs
• dimmable compact fluorescent CFL tube lamps
• supported dimmable light sources with minimal power of 5VA (power factor > 0.5) using FIBARO Bypass FGB-002
Without dimming function it may work with:
• compact fluorescent lamps
• fluorescent tube lamps with electronic ballast
• LED bulbs (power factor > 0.7)
• supported light sources with minimal power of 5VA (power factor > 0.5) using FIBARO Bypass FGB-002
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Dimmer 2 supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Fibaro describes Dimmer 2 as having the following features:
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Active power and energy metering functionality
Soft start function
Memory of the last lighting level settings
Z-Wave range tester
The Fibaro Dimmer 2 is powered with mains voltage so it is always awake.
1) Set the main Z-Wave controller into learning mode.
2) Quickly, three times press the B-button or key connected to the S1 terminal.
3) Wait for the device to be excluded from the system. Successful inclusion will be confirmed by the controller.
1) Switch off the mains voltage.
2) Open the wall switch box.
3) Connect the Dimmer in accordance with one of the diagrams attached in the manual.
4) Switch on the mains voltage.
5) Wait for the calibration process to end. Light may blink. The device will be switched off once the process is completed.
6) Set the main Z-Wave controller into learning mode.
7) Quickly, three times press the B-button or key connected to the S1 terminal.
8) Wait for the device to be included into the system. Successful inclusion will be confirmed by the controller.
9) Arrange the antenna and close the wall switch box.
Factory reset Dimmer 2
1) Disconnect the power supply, remove the Dimmer from the wall switch box, than connect the power supply.
2) Locate the B-button on the housing.
3) Click and hold the B-button to enter the menu mode.
4) Release and click the B-button to choose ""Device reset"" option in the menu that is signaled with the yellow LED indicator colour.
5) After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signaled with the red LED indicator colour and entering the calibration mode.
Note! Resetting the device is not the recommended way of removing the device from the Z-Wave network. Use reset procedure only if the primary controller is missing or inoperable.
Please note that this is a user manual Dimmer 2 from FIBARO is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Dimmer 2 and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.