The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Smoke Sensor (FGSD-002)from FIBARO. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Fibaro follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Smoke Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Fibaro describes Smoke Sensor as having the following features:
- Battery powered using CR123A batteries
- Supported Notification Types
- Battery Quantity
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1) Install the battery. Visual indicator will signal the Z-Wave network adding status (green - device added, red - device not added).
2) Make sure the device is located within direct range of the Z-Wave controller.
3) Set the main controller in add mode (see main controller’s operating manual).
4) Quickly, triple click the B-button, located on FIBARO Smoke Sensor enclosure.
5) FIBARO Smoke Sensor will be detected and added to the Z-Wave network.
1) Make sure there is a battery installed.
2) Set the main controller in remove mode (see main controller’s operating manual).
3) Quickly, triple click the B-button, located on FIBARO Smoke Sensor enclosure.
Factory reset Smoke Sensor
Please use this procedure only in the event that the system primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
FIBARO Smoke Sensor reset procedure:
1) Make sure the device is powered.
2) Press and hold the B-button for 3 seconds. Visual indicator will glow white.
3) You will hear a short signal.
4) Release the B-button.
The Smoke Sensor will wake up at defined time interval and will ALWAYS try to communicate with the main controller. There is a possibility to wake the device up manually by triple-clicking the B-button.
Please note that this is a user manual Smoke Sensor from FIBARO is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Smoke Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.