The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Micro-Smart Module for AC Motors (FXS-M08)from FLEX AUTOMATION. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Flex Automation follow that link.
The new smart relay calibration technology can reduce the inrush current caused by the load and let the module work perfectly with many kind of Roller Shutter. This in-wall Roller Shutter Controller is able to detect position of the Shutter by using the patterned power measuring method, so it can be remote controlled not only fully up or down, but also can be adjusted to ex. 30% or 50%. And when manual controlled by push button, the controller also can memorize the position and send the new shutter position to its controller (ex. IP-Gateway).
Adding to Z-Wave TM Network
In the front casing, there is an include button with LED indicator below which is used to carry out inclusion, exclusion, reset or association. When first power is applied, its LED flashes on and off alternately and repeatedly at 0.5 second intervals. It implies that it has not been assigned a node ID and start auto inclusion.
The function of auto inclusion will be executed as long as the FXS-M08 does not have Node ID and just connect the FXS-M08 to main power.
Note: Auto inclusion timeout is 2 minute during which the node information of explorer frame will be emitted once every several seconds. Unlike inclusion”function as shown in the table below, the execution of auto inclusion is free from pressing the Include button on the FXS-M08.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Micro-Smart Module for AC Motors supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Flex Automation describes Micro-Smart Module for AC Motors as having the following features:
- Switch Load Capacity Watts
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Supported Meter Type
- Switch Type
- Window Covering Control Features
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Put your Z-Wave controller into inclusion mode by following the instructions provided by the controller manufacturer.
2. Pressing Include button three times within 2 seconds will enter inclusion mode.
1. Put your Z-Wave controller into exclusion mode by following the instructions provided by the controller manufacturer.
2. Pressing Include button three times within 2 seconds will enter exclusion mode.
Factory reset Micro-Smart Module for AC Motors
Use this procedure only in the event that the primary controller is lost or otherwise inoperable.
1. Pressing Include button three times within 2 seconds will enter inclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second, press Include button again for 5 seconds.
Please note that this is a user manual Micro-Smart Module for AC Motors from FLEX AUTOMATION is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Micro-Smart Module for AC Motors and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.