The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Smart Plug (HKZW-SO13)from Hank. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Hank follow that link.
This device is a security enabled Z-Wave Plus product that is able to use encrypted Z-Wave Plus messages to communicate to other security enabled Z-Wave Plus products.
Smart Plug is also a security Z-Wave device and supports the Over The Air (OTA) feature for the product’s firmware upgrade.
This device must be used in conjunction with a Security Enabled Z-Wave Controller in order to fully utilize all implemented functions.
1) AC output switch on/off by manual or Z-Wave command;
2) RGB LED indicates the Z-WAVE network range and load power;
3) Support S0 and S2 security network;
4) Supporting power meter;
5) Supporting repeater role;
6) Supporting firmware OTA;
7) Supporting Smart Start;
8) Supports over-current protection
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Smart Plug supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Hank describes Smart Plug as having the following features:
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Switch Load Capacity Volt-Ampere
- Switch Load Capacity Watts
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Neutral Wire Required
- Switch Type
- Communications Protocol
- Electric Load Type
- Supported Meter Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Add for inclusion (non-security and security):
1)Connect the power supply.
2)Set the Z-Wave network main controller into learning mode.
3)Triple click the Z-button, the LED indicator will be flashing 3 times in Blue.
4)Smart Plug should be recognized and included into the Z-Wave network.
1) Insert the Plug into a socket.
2) Set the Z-Wave network controller into the exclusion mode.
3) Triple click the Z button.
4) LED will blink in blue for 3 times, and then start slow flashing to indicate that the remove for exclusion is successful. LED will indicate network status after it is removed from Z-Wave network.
Factory reset Smart Plug
Long press the button for 20 seconds and the blue LED will speed up the flash and then LED will keep on for 3 seconds in blue and Smart Plug will send ”Device Reset Locally Notification” to the main controller and exclude from the Z-Wave network, this procedure will reset Smart Plug to factory default. Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: The position of the QR code is on the side of the product, using 29*29 pixels, which will be attached to the product in the form of a label
If you want your Smart Plug to be a security device that use secure/encrypted message to communicate in a Z-Wave network, then a security enabled Z-Wave controller is needed
Please note that this is a user manual Smart Plug from Hank is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Smart Plug and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.