The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Smoke Detector 230V (4512689)from Heatit controls. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Heatit follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Smoke Detector 230V supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Heatit describes Z-Smoke Detector 230V as having the following features:
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery powered using NI-MH 200mAh batteries
- Battery Quantity
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Before you start, find the circuit breaker or fuse box.
2. Once you have found it, open the door and turn off the main power switch. Step
3. Two Wago 221 Splicing Connectors are provided. Take out one connector. Pull the lever up and insert the white wire.
4. Push the lever back down. The transparent housing allows you to check if the wire is connected properly. Make sure the wire is tightly held in place before you proceed.
5. Repeat Step 3 and Step 4 to insert the black wire. Inserting the two wires to the same side (right), as shown below, of the two connectors provides an easier installation in the following steps.
7. Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Inclusion or Learning mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
8. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function button 3 times. The Smoke Detector will emit a 2-tone beep and the LED will turn on for ~2 seconds. Refer to the operation manual of the Z-Wave gateway or control panel to complete the learn-in process.
6. Insert the AC wires to the two connectors respectively, as shown below. Use a pair of tweezers to turn the Battery Switch to ON position (left side), the rechargeable battery will begin to charge.
1. Put the Z-Wave gateway or control panel into Exclusion mode (please refer to the Z-Wave gateway or control panel manual).
2. Within 1.5 seconds, press the Function button 3 times and the Smoke Detector will be removed from the Z-Wave network.
Role Type Always on Slave
no Wake-Up Procedure
Factory reset Z-Smoke Detector 230V
(Only use factory reset when network Control Panel/Gateway is missing or inoperable)
1. Remove the batteries of the Smoke Detector first.
2. Press and hold the Function button. While holding the Function button, power on the Smoke Detector by re-inserting the batteries, wait for 20 seconds to factory reset.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Smoke Detector 230V from Heatit controls is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Smoke Detector 230V and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.