The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Portable Remote, Simple Controller, 4 Button (53831/ZW5314)from Jasco. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Jasco follow that link.
Enjoy a variety of placement options for your lighting control – utilize the included hardware and magnetic bracket for wall mounting, detach the remote for instant portability or pair the remote with a separate stand for convenient tabletop use. The hub remote also functions on a scalable system, giving you the freedom to start with one remote and add as many as you need. Take control of your lights with the Z-Wave 4 Button Portable Hub Remote.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Portable Remote, Simple Controller, 4 Button supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Jasco describes Portable Remote, Simple Controller, 4 Button as having the following features:
- Battery powered using CR2032 batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Z-Wave Scene Type
- Battery Quantity
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: If prompted by the controller to enter the S2 security code, refer to the QR code/security number on the side of the box or the QR code label on the product (see Figure 1).
1. Follow the instructions for your Z-Wave certified hub to add a device tothe Z-Wave network.
2. Once the hub is ready to add your device, press and hold either button for three seconds.
3. The LED will flash two times when the remote sends add notification (NIF).
4. The LED will keep lighting up for one minute if inclusion is successful.
5. Following the instructions for your Z-Wave certified hub, assign actions for each button press. An action can be many combinations of scenes, groups or events, and is greatly dependent on the hub capabilities.
1. Follow the instructions for your Z-Wave certified hub to remove a device from the Z-Wave network.
2. Once the hub is ready to remove your device, press and hold either button for three seconds.
3. The LED will flash two times when the remote sends remove notification (NIF).
Press and Hold Either Button for one to three seconds.
Factory reset Portable Remote, Simple Controller, 4 Button
1. Press and release button 1 10 times quickly. All button presses must be within six seconds.
2. The LED will flash five times when completed successfully.
Please note that this is a user manual Portable Remote, Simple Controller, 4 Button from Jasco is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Portable Remote, Simple Controller, 4 Button and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.