The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Slim Smart Door/Window Sensor (52249/ZW6308)from Jasco. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Jasco follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Slim Smart Door/Window Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Jasco describes Slim Smart Door/Window Sensor as having the following features:
- Battery powered using CR2450 batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery Quantity
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: If prompted by the controller to enter the S2 security code, refer to the QR code/security number on the back of the box, or the QR code label on the product.
1. Follow the instructions for your Z-Wave certified controller to add the sensor in the Z-Wave network.
2. Once the controller is ready to add your sensor, ensure battery is installed with the correct polarity in the sensor and the battery tab has been removed.
3. Press and release the programming button (see Figure 2). This starts the manual add process. The red LED (see Figure 2) will begin to flash quickly as it begins the add process.
4. The red LED will activate for 3 seconds to confirm the sensor has been added in the network.
5. The controller’s app will indicate if it has discovered the sensor. If prompted by the controller to enter the S2 security code, refer to the QR code/security number on the back of the box, or the QR code label on the product (see Figure 3). Enter the 5-digit code.
1. Follow the instructions for your Z-Wave certified controller to remove the sensor from the Z-Wave network.
2. Once the controller is ready to remove your sensor, press and release the programming button on the sensor
1 time to remove it from the network (see Figure 4).
3. The red LED will blink 5 times to indicate it has been removed.
Press the programming button once to wake device. It will go back to sleep within 3 seconds
Factory reset Slim Smart Door/Window Sensor
1. Press the programming button 10 times within 6 seconds (interval between presses of the button cannot be
longer than 1 second).
2. The red LED will activate for 2 seconds, followed by 3 quick flashes.
Please note that this is a user manual Slim Smart Door/Window Sensor from Jasco is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Slim Smart Door/Window Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.