The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Smart Flood/Freeze Sensor with Humidity (54325/ZW6309A)from Jasco. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Jasco follow that link.
• Trigger events – The sensor communicates with your hub to initiate desired actions of Z-Wave devices. Increase peace of mind by automatically turning on lights, sending a notification to your phone, activating an alarm or more when temperatures, humidity or water levels change.
• Detection alarm – Built-in speaker emits audible alert when water levels or temperatures change to allow immediate action by anyone in the area.
• Dual function – Base contacts and a detachable probe accommodate various setups. Recessed contacts on the base of the sensor are ideal for placement on flat surfaces. The included probe extends reach for use in wells, sump pump holes and other small spaces.
• Temperature and humidity sensor – In humid or temperature-sensitive spaces, protect against costly damage caused by freezing or overheating.
• Indicator light – LED indicator displays status and provides feedback during programming. It also serves as notification if tampering with the sensor occurs.
• Universal compatibility – Z-Wave Plus and all previous Z-Wave generations work together to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Smart Flood/Freeze Sensor with Humidity supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Jasco describes Smart Flood/Freeze Sensor with Humidity as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR123A batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: The controller's app will indicate if it discovers the sensor. If prompted by the controller to enter S2 security code, refer to the QR code/security number on the back of the box or the QR code label on the product.
1. Follow the instructions for your Z-Wave certified controller to add the sensor in the Z-Wave network.
2. Once the controller is ready to add your device, remove the top cover of the sensor.
3. Ensure battery is installed with the correct polarity and the battery tab has been removed or ensure micro USB is plugged in.
4. Press and release the programming button. This starts the manual add process. The red LED flashes quickly as it searches for a network. After 25 seconds, the LED will stop flashing if the sensor is not added to the network. Press the programming button to manually start the add process. If if times out, the LED will stop flashing. Press and release the programming button again.
1. Follow the instructions for your Z-Wave certified controller to remove from the Z-Wave network.
2. Once the controller is ready to remove your sensor, press and release the programming button one time on the sensor.
3. The red LED will blink five times to indicate it has been removed.
Press and release the programming button one time on the sensor.
Factory reset Smart Flood/Freeze Sensor with Humidity
1. Press the programming button 10 times within six seconds (interval between presses of the button cannot be longer than one second).
Please note that this is a user manual Smart Flood/Freeze Sensor with Humidity from Jasco is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Smart Flood/Freeze Sensor with Humidity and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.