The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Fan Speed Controller (ZW4SF)from Leviton. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Leviton follow that link.
Color change kits are available to change to Light Almond, Ivory, Black, Brown, Gray.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Fan Speed Controller supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Leviton describes Fan Speed Controller as having the following features:
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Neutral Wire Required
- Z-Wave Scene Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: SmartStart enabled products can be added into a Z-Wave network by scanning the Z-Wave QR Code found on the top of the or the back of the box with a controller providing SmartStart inclusion. No further action is required and the SmartStart product will be added automatically within 10 minutes of being switched on and in the network vicinity. The QR Code and DSK is found on the top of the Fan Speed Controller. If required, the pin code is underlined on the label.
Exclusion From A Z-Wave Network
When removing an fan speed controller from a Z-Wave network,
best practice is to use the exclusion command found in the Z-Wave
1. To enter programming mode, hold the button for 7 seconds. The
status light will turn amber, release and the status light will blink.
2. Follow Z-Wave controller directions to enter exclusion mode
3. Tap the the top of the paddle 1 time. The status light will quickly
4. The Z-Wave controller will remove the device from the network
Classic Inclusion To A Z-Wave Network
For older controllers Classic Inclusion is supported. Depending on the age of the controller the controller will need to be 3 to 35 feet from the device when including.
1. To enter programming mode, hold the button for 7 seconds. The status light will turn amber, release and the status light will blink.
2. Follow the Z-Wave controller instructions to enter inclusion mode.
3. Tap the top or the paddle of the paddle one time. The status light will quickly flash green.
4. The Z-Wave controller will confirm successful inclusion to the network.
Factory reset Fan Speed Controller
When removing a fan speed controller from a network it is best
practice to use the exclusion process. In situations where a device
needs to be returned to factory default follow the following steps. A
reset should only be used when a controller is
inoperable or missing.
1. Hold the top of the paddle for 7 seconds, the status light will turn amber.
Continue holding the top paddle for another 7 seconds (total of 14 seconds).
The status light will quickly flash red/ amber.
2. Release the top of the paddle and the device will reset.
Please note that this is a user manual Fan Speed Controller from Leviton is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Fan Speed Controller and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.