The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Wave Door Strike Controller (ZU-116001)from Ness. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Ness follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Wave Door Strike Controller supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
Ness describes Z-Wave Door Strike Controller as having the following features:
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: Page 8.
Ness Z-Wave DLC is a SmartStart enabled device allowing it to be added into a Z-Wave network by scanning its Z-Wave QR Code with a controller providing SmartStart inclusion. No further action is required and the SmartStart product will be added automatically within 10 minutes of being switched on in the network vicinity. *Requires a SmartStart compatible controller and app. Ness Z-Wave DLC must be within network range.
To add the device into the Z-Wave™ network:
1) Power on device and ensure it has been factory defaulted.
2) Set the primary controller into inclusion mode.
3) Click the Action Button once the device enters the inclusion mode and the Red LED starts fast flashing.
Note: Inclusion mode can be cancelled by clicking the Action Button once again before the device starts the learning process (controller has not yet started inclusion mode), the device exits the learning mode and Red LED stops fast flash.
4) The inclusion is processing.
5) If your Z-Wave controller supports S2 Access encryption and DSK, enter the first 5 digits of the DSK located at bottom of the QR image.
6) If the inclusion is successful, the Red LED stops fast flashing and the Green LED turns on for 2 seconds.
You may need to refer to your Z-Wave™ gateway’s instructions for removing devices.
To remove the device from the Z-Wave network:
1) The device is powered
2) Set the primary controller into exclusion mode.
3) Click the Action Button once the device enters the inclusion mode and the Red LED starts fast flashing. Click the Action Button once again before the device starts the learning process (controller has not yet started inclusion mode), the device exits the learning mode and Red LED stops fast flash.
4) If the exclusion is successful, the Red LED stops flashing and the Green LED turns on for 1 second.
Not required. The product is always awake.
Factory reset Z-Wave Door Strike Controller
To Factory Default Ness Z-Wave DLC
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Reset the device to factory Default:
1) The device is powered
2) Press and hold the action button down for 20 seconds. When the action button has been held for greater than 3 seconds, the Red LED starts fast flash, and the Fast flash will stop after 20 seconds. Once the action button is released, the Green LED will turn on for 1 second indicating that the device has been reset.
3) Release the action button while the Red LED is fast flashing (before 20 seconds), the device reset will be cancelled, and the Red LED will stop fast flash.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Wave Door Strike Controller from Ness is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Wave Door Strike Controller and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.