The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Wave Smart Plug (ZA-216001)from Ness. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Ness follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Wave Smart Plug supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Ness describes Z-Wave Smart Plug as having the following features:
- Neutral Wire Required
- Supported Meter Type
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Switch Load Capacity Volt-Ampere
- Switch Load Capacity Watts
- Switch Type
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Communications Protocol
- Electric Load Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Z-Wave Smart Plug
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Long press the button for 20 seconds and the blue LED will speed up the flash and then LED will keep on for 3 seconds in blue and Smart Plug will send ”Device Reset Locally Notification” to the main controller and exclude from the Z-Wave™ network, this procedure will reset Smart Plug to factory default. Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Add for inclusion (non-security and security):
1)Connect the power supply.
2)Set the Z-Wave™ network main controller into learning mode.
3)Triple click the Z-button, the LED indicator will be flashing 3 times in Blue.
4)Smart Plug should be recognized and included into the Z-Wave™ network.
1) Insert the Plug into a socket.
2) Set the Z-Wave™ network controller into the exclusion mode.
3) Triple click the Z button.
4) LED will blink in blue for 3 times, and then start slow flashing to indicate that the remove for exclusion is successful. LED will indicate network status after it is removed from Z-Wave™ network.
If you want your Smart Plug to be a security device that use secure/encrypted message to communicate in a Z-Wave™ network, then a security enabled Z-Wave™ controller is needed
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: The position of the QR code is on the side of the product, using 29*29 pixels, which will be attached to the product in the form of a label.
SmartStart enabled products can be added into a Z-Wave™ network by scanning the Z-Wave™ QR Code present on the product with a controller providing SmartStart inclusion .No further action is required and the SmartStart product will be added automatically within 10 minutes of being switched on in the network vicinity.
1) Scan the QR code on your device, and add the device DSK to the main controller.
2) Power on Smart Plug.
3) LED will blink in blue for 3 times, and enter SmartStart. If add Smart Plug for inclusion is successful, the LED will be off. Then Z-Wave™ PC Controller interface will display the corresponding device information.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Wave Smart Plug from Ness is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Wave Smart Plug and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.