The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product In-Wall On/Off Switch Module-2 Channels (AN-196)from Nexa. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from NEXA follow that link.
The module is a Z-WaveTM enabled device which is fully compatible with any Z-WaveTM enabled network. This product can be operated in any Z-Wave network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers. All mains operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase reliability of the network.
Each relay can be turned on/off individually using Z-WaveTM commands or using the switches connected to the module. At 230V voltage, this module can support up to 2*4.3A output, 2*1000W resistive load.
This unit is to be installed and sealed inside an electrical switch box.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, In-Wall On/Off Switch Module-2 Channels supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
NEXA describes In-Wall On/Off Switch Module-2 Channels as having the following features:
- Electric Load Type
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: Note: If you are connecting this unit to a Z-Wave Controller that utilizes the S2 security protocol, you may be asked to enter a 5 digit Device Specific Key (DSK) that is unique to each unit by your controller. This can be found in one of two places:
- on the QR code label on the back of the unit
- on the insert card inside the packaging
1.Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode.
2. Press the link key three times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the link key three times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
Factory reset In-Wall On/Off Switch Module-2 Channels
1. Press the link key three times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press link key again and hold until LED is off (about 5 seconds).
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state and will be in auto-inclusion mode for 4 minutes.
Please note that this is a user manual In-Wall On/Off Switch Module-2 Channels from Nexa is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have In-Wall On/Off Switch Module-2 Channels and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.