The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Indoor Motion Detector (ZMD-107)from Nexa. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from NEXA follow that link.
This product supports the S2 security protocol that uses encrypted Z-Wave PlusTM messages to communicate to other security-enabled Z-Wave Plus products. A security-enabled Z-Wave Plus Controller must be used in order to fully utilize the security features of this product.
This product can be operated in any Z-WaveTM network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers. All mains operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase reliability of the network.
The Motion Detector is designed with two detecting sensors, Passive Infra-Red (PIR) sensor and light sensor, in order to fulfill the purpose of security and home automation. When the detector is cooperated with security appliances, it is acting as a security device by detecting changes in infra-red radiation levels. If a person moves within or across the device field of vision, a trigger radio signal will be transmitted to cause full alarm condition in order to frighten intruders away. Alternatively, when the detector is worked with home automation appliances, the detector can be set to perform the role of home automation device by detecting both changes in infra-red radiation levels and percentage of lux levels. Once night falls, the percentage of ambient illumination is lower than preset value. If a person moves within or across the device field of vision, a trigger radio signal will be transmitted so as to turn on the connected lightings for better illumination.
The PIR Detector adopts a CR123 3.0V Lithium battery which under normal conditions will have typical life in excess of 1 year. When the battery level drops to an unacceptable level,,the detector will emit Battery report to the Z-Wave controller. When this occurs the batteries should be replaced as soon as possible.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Indoor Motion Detector supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
NEXA describes Indoor Motion Detector as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR123 3.0V 1700mAh Lithium Battery batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: Note: If you are connecting this unit to a Z-Wave Controller that utilizes the S2 security protocol, you may be asked to enter a 5 digit Device Specific Key (DSK) that is unique to each unit by your controller. This can be found in one of two places:
- on the QR code label on the back of the unit
- on the insert card inside the packaging
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into inclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into inclusion mode.
1. Put the Z-Wave Controller into exclusion mode.
2. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
After it has been included into a Z-Wave network, the detector will go to sleep but will send a Wakeup Notification Command periodically at preset period to the controller. The Motion detector will stay awake for 10 seconds at least and then go back to sleep to conserve battery life.
Factory reset Indoor Motion Detector
1. Press the tamper switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds to put the unit into exclusion mode.
2. Within 1 second of step 1, press the tamper switch again and hold until LED is off (about 5 seconds)
3. Node ID is excluded. The device reverts to factory default state and will be in
auto-inclusion mode for 4 minutes.
Please note that this is a user manual Indoor Motion Detector from Nexa is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Indoor Motion Detector and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.