The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Smoke-Control (FGSD-002)from Nice. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Nice follow that link.
The optical sensor detects smoke at an early stage of fire, often before flames appear and the temperature rises significantly. Moreover, the device has a built-in temperature sensor, a programmable indicator of exceeding the set temperature level.
Smoke-Control is designed to be placed on a wall or ceiling. Visual indicator signals fire operating mode and are used to see if the device is within the Z-Wave network. Smoke-Control is designed to operate in confined spaces under normal conditions (lacking smoke, dust, condensed water vapor).
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Smoke-Control supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Nice describes Smoke-Control as having the following features:
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Removing (Exclusion) - Z-Wave device learning mode, allowing to remove the device from existing Z-Wave network.
To remove the device from the Z-Wave network:
1. Make sure the sensor is connected to battery.
2. Set the main controller into the removing mode (see main controller’s operating manual)
3. Quickly, triple click the B-button, located on Smoke-Control’s casing (Fig. 1).
If the sensor is already included into the Z-Wave network, wake it up by clicking the B-button. Otherwise, add the device as described in
Factory reset Smoke-Control
Resetting Smoke-Control erases the device memory, including all information on the Z-Wave network and the main controller.
Smoke-Control reset procedure:
1. Make sure the device has the battery installed.
2. Press and hold the B-button for 3 seconds until visual indicator glows white.
3. Short signal will sound.
4. Release the B-button.
5. Wait until the visual indicator glows yellow, signaling entering the 4th menu option.
6. Press the B-button briefly to confirm your choice.
Successful reset will be confirmed with the visual indicator changing colour to red and fading. At the same time, short beep will sound, same
as at the power connection.
Adding (Inclusion) - Z-Wave device learning mode, allowing to add the device to existing
To add the device to the Z-Wave network manually:
1. Install the battery. Visual indicator will signal the Z-Wave network adding status (red -
device ready for inclusion, green - device added, remove firstly).
2. Make sure the device is located within direct range of the Z-Wave controller.
3. Set the main controller into the adding mode (see main controller’s operating manual).
4. Quickly, triple click the B-button, located on Smoke-Control’s casing (Fig. 1).
5. Smoke-Control will be detected and added to the Z-Wave network.
Please note that this is a user manual Smoke-Control from Nice is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Smoke-Control and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.