The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product GoControl Plug-In Switch Series 500 (PS15EMZ5-1)from Nortek. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Nortek follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, GoControl Plug-In Switch Series 500 supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Nortek describes GoControl Plug-In Switch Series 500 as having the following features:
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Supported Meter Type
- Z-Wave Scene Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Removing from a network:
The PS15EMZ5-1 can be removed from the network by the Controller/Gateway. Refer to the Controller operating instructions for details.
1. Set the Controller into Removal Mode and follow its instruction to delete the
PS15EMZ5-1 from the Controller.
2. Remove the switch by tapping the button on the face of the outlet 2 times. The LED
will begin blinking slowly for 10 seconds indicating that it has been removed.
3. You should see an indication on your Controller that the “device was removed” from
Adding to a network:
Refer to your Controller operating instructions to add this switch under the command of the Wireless Controller.
1. With your Controller in Discovery or Add Mode, tap the button on the face of the
outlet. The LED will blink slowly when in ADD Mode.
2. You should see an indication on your Controller that the “device was added” to the
network and the LED will stop blinking.
3. The device will appear in the list of Switches. It should display as a switch.
If the Controller/Gateway shows the addition failed, repeat Steps 1-3.
Factory reset GoControl Plug-In Switch Series 500
To Reset Unit (If Required):
In the event that your primary Controller is lost or otherwise inoperable, to reset the
PS15EMZ5-1 and clear all network information, follow these steps:
1. Tap the button on the face of the outlet fi ve (5) times.
2. Press and hold the button for 15 seconds. The LED will increasingly blink faster to
indicate that a Reset is taking place.
3. LED will turn off when reset is complete.
Please note that this is a user manual GoControl Plug-In Switch Series 500 from Nortek is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have GoControl Plug-In Switch Series 500 and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.