The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Thermostat (PWLY-7828-A1)from Powerley. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Powerley follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Thermostat supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Powerley describes Thermostat as having the following features:
- Battery powered using AA batteries
- Communications Protocol
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Thermostat HVAC Systems Supported
- Thermostat Power Source
- Battery Quantity
- Thermostat Modes
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Thermostat
Please use Factory Reset only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable. To reset to factory defaults, turn the thermostat off by pressing Mode repeatedly until OFF scrolls across the display, then press and hold the down and up Setpoint arrows at the same time for 5 sec. If successful, RESET will scroll across the display and the device will be restored to its default settings.
NOTE: If a reset to factory default settings is performed, all settings including Z-Wave configuration parameter values and temperature setpoints will return to default values:
Heat: 68 Cool: 78 Measure: Fahrenheit Swing: +/- 1 Multi-stage temp differential: 3 System Type: 2-stage conventional heating & cooling
Z-Wave Exclusion Process
To exclude your Thermostat, press and hold Mode for 5 seconds to initiate Z-Wave exclusion process.
• DELETE will scroll across the thermostat display once in inclusion mode.
• To cancel the exclusion process, press Mode.
• To complete exclusion press either of the up/down arrows.
• SUCCESS will scroll across the thermostat display once excluded.
NOTE: Excluding the thermostat will restore it to the default state for Z-Wave and temperature set points.
Z-Wave Inclusion Process
First, be sure your Energy Bridge has power and the green light is illuminated. Follow the in-app instructions along with the steps below to include your Thermostat.
To put your thermostat into inclusion mode, press and hold Mode for 5 seconds.
• CONNECT will scroll across the thermostat display once in inclusion mode.
• SUCCESS will scroll across the thermostat display once included.
• FAIL will scroll across the thermostat display if inclusion is unsuccessful, or if process takes longer than 1 minute. See the next page for troubleshooting.
To learn more about which Z-Wave command classes this thermostat supports, visit:
Please note that this is a user manual Thermostat from Powerley is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Thermostat and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.