The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Mini Dimmer (ZMNHHD2)from QUBINO. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Qubino follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Mini Dimmer supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Qubino describes Mini Dimmer as having the following features:
- Communications Protocol
- Outdoor Use
- Supported Meter Type
- Supported Notification Types
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Switch Load Capacity Volt-Ampere
- Switch Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: IMPORTANT: When adding the Mini Dimmer to a Z-Wave network with a controller supporting Security 2 (S2), the PIN code of the Z-Wave Device Specific Key (DSK) is required. The unique DSK code is printed on the product label and a copy is inserted in the packaging, which must not be lost. Do not remove the DSK from the product. As a backup measure, use the label in the packaging.
AUTOMATICALLY ADDING THE DEVICE TO A Z-WAVE NETWORK (SMARTSTART INCLUSION)
1. Scan QR code on device label and add S2 DSK to Provisioning List in gateway (hub)
2. Connect the device to the power supply
3. Inclusion will be initiated automatically within few seconds of connection to the power supply and the device will automatically enrol in your network (when the device is excluded and connected to the power supply it automatically enters the LEARN MODE state).
NOTE: LEARN MODE state allows the device to receive network information from the controller.
ⓘ SmartStart inclusion is a part of S2 security level, so if you want to use SmartStart, you need to include it as S2 Authenticated.
REMOVAL FROM A ZWAVE NETWORK (Z-WAVE EXCLUSION)
1. Connect the device to the power supply.
2. Make sure the device is within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway (hub) or use a hand-held Z-Wave remote to perform exclusion.
3. Enable add/remove mode on your Z-Wave gateway (hub).
4. Toggle the switch connected to the terminal I 3 times within 3 seconds (this procedure put the device in LEARN MODE). The device has to get On/Off signal 3 times, meaning 3 times push of the momentary switch or with toggle switch 3 times On and 3 times Off.
Press and hold the S (Service) button between 2 and 6 seconds if connected power supply. For your safety use only 24-30 Vdc power supply when accessing to S (Service) button. This procedure put the device in LEARN MODE.
5. Exclusion with the switch connected to terminal I is not limited by time.
6. The device will be removed from your network, but any custom configuration parameters will not be erased.
ⓘ NOTE: LEARN MODE state allows the device to receive network information from the controller.
Factory reset Mini Dimmer
12.5. Device factory reset
1. Connect the device to the power supply.
2. Within the first minute (60 seconds) the device is connected to the power supply, toggle the switch connected to the terminal I 5 times within 3 seconds. The device has to get On/Off signal 5 times, meaning 5 times push of the momentary switch or with toggle switch 5 times On and 5 times Off.
Press and hold the S (Service) button for at least 6 seconds if connected to power supply. For your safety use only 24-30 Vdc power supply when accessing to S (Service) button. This procedure put the device in LEARN MODE.
ⓘ NOTE: By resetting the device, all custom parameters previously set on the device will return to their default values, and the node ID will be deleted. Use this reset procedure only when the main gateway (hub) is missing or otherwise inoperable. If an end device is factory reset, it is reverted to the Z-Wave SmartStart inclusion state.
ⓘ NOTE: the reset with switch connected to terminal I is possible only in the first minute after the device is connected to the power.
ⓘ NOTE: after the reset is successfully done the autocalibration will trigger and the green LED will start blinking.
Please note that this is a user manual Mini Dimmer from QUBINO is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Mini Dimmer and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.