The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Rem50z (REM50Z)from RCS. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from RCS follow that link.
• Z-Wave 500 Series Radio
• Supports Z-Wave Plus
• Quad Temp Sensor Circuits: +/- 1 degree F, Range: -40F to 120F
o Designed for 10k Thermistor temp sensors, not included
• 1 Contact Closure / Voltage Detection Circuit
o Designed to detect Float Switch closure, not included
• 6 Status LEDs
• Designed for interior use in mechanical room, attic or crawlspace
• Compatible with RCS Z-Wave Thermostats
• Compatible with all Z-Wave systems
• Wall Mountable
• Small, Thin, Lightweight
• Grey, Paintable
• 5.10” X 2.25” X 0.9”
• 16 – 28 VAC
• 12 – 24 VDC
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Rem50z supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
RCS describes Rem50z as having the following features:
- Supported Notification Types
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Inclusion: Including the REM50Z into an Existing Network:
1. Set your primary controller to Include mode, to add the REM50Z as a node on your network
(see your controller’s user manual for detailed instructions).
2. Press the Install button. The controller will indicate the device has been included into the network.
Your controller will indicate the REM50Z was successfully added to its network (see your controller’s user manual for details). Inclusion and exclusion are always done at normal transmit power mode.
If your controller supports NWI, then you can optionally set the primary to NWI include mode. Please note that NWI inclusion mode does not end when you have included a new node. This allows multiple nodes to be included without having to physically go back to the controller to initiate the next inclusion. Therefore you must manually terminate NWI inclusion mode at the controller when you have finished including any new nodes to the network. Since intermediate included nodes will assist the inclusion process by routing messages, we recommend that nodes close to the primary controller be installed first, proceeding out in consecutive rings from the controller.
Note: Consult your controller’s user manual for details on removing a device from a Z-Wave network.
Exclusion: Removing the REM50Z from a Network:
1. Set your primary controller to Remove mode, to remove the REM50Z as a node on your network (see your controller’s user manual for detailed instructions).
2. Press the Install button. The controller will indicate the device has been removed from the network.
Factory reset Rem50z
NOTE: A Factory Reset should only be performed if the network controller is missing or inoperable.
To reset the REM50Z’s configurations and Z-Wave parameters to Factory Settings (Including association groups and scene configurations), and remove the REM50Z from any Z-Wave network:
1. Hold down the Install button for approximately 10 seconds
2. Release the install button (the REM50Z will reset all internal configuration including Z-Wave configurations). The unit will then reset.
3. When the Status LED begins to blink (un-enrolled) the unit has finished restoring configurations is running in normal mode.
A Restore Defaults will be performed automatically when removed from a network.
Please note that this is a user manual Rem50z from RCS is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Rem50z and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.