The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product TBZ500 Thermostat (TBZ500)from RCS. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from RCS follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, TBZ500 Thermostat supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
RCS describes TBZ500 Thermostat as having the following features:
- Battery powered using AA batteries
- Battery Quantity
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Thermostat HVAC Systems Supported
- Thermostat Modes
- Thermostat Power Source
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Removing the thermostat from a Z-Wave network.
It may be necessary to remove and/or reinstall the thermostat from a Z-Wave network if the thermostat has been previously installed on another network.
Follow the instructions supplied with your Z-Wave system to remove/uninstall a Z-Wave device. When the system instructs you to press and release the Z-Wave button on the thermostat, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the FAN button for 3 seconds until the Menu screen is displayed.
2. Press the UP arrow button to scroll to the “ZWAVE” menu.
3. Press “Select” to select the ZWAVE screen.
4. The display will show “REMOVE” in the text line.
5. Press “Select” to perform the remove action.
6. “WAIT” will be displayed in the text line. The remove operation is in process.
7. “SUCCESS” will be display when the reset is completed.
8. Press “Done” to exit back to the thermostat screen.
9. Thermostat is now ready to be added to the wireless network.
Thermostat Battery Operation: If the thermostat is installed in a Z-Wave network while powered by batteries, it will be enrolled as a Z-Wave FLiRs type device. This is a power saving mode that conserves the batteries by keeping the radio asleep most of the time. However, in this mode, the thermostat does not act as a repeater/router in the Z-Wave network.
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: The SmartStart QR code can be found on the back of the thermostat, side of the package, or also inserted as an insert card/sticker. The sticker contains the full DSK string. It’s important that if you plan to use DSK that you keep this label in a safe place you’ll remember.
Factory reset TBZ500 Thermostat
Please use this procedure only when the Z-Wave Primary Controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
To reset the TBZ500’s Z-Wave parameters to Factory Settings (both Z-Wave and HVAC settings):
1. Remove power from the TBZ500.
2. Restore power to the TBZ500.
3. When “TBZ500” appears on the screen, hold down the MODE and FAN buttons at the same time.
4. Release the buttons when RESET appears on the Status Line.
5. Once the TBZ500 resets the Z-Wave and HVAC settings, a DONE confirmation message will appear on the screen before the thermostat self-reboots.
1. Follow the instructions provided with your system for enrolling the thermostat.
2. Press and hold the FAN button on the Thermostat until the screen changes to the Menu screen.
3. Press the UP button until ZWAVE is shown in the Status Display line then press Select.
4. INSTALL should be shown on the status line.
5. When instructed by your system installation to add the thermostat to the network press the “Select” button to install. Wait until SUCCESS or FAILED is shown on the status display.
6. Press Done on the Thermostat to exit the ZWAVE screen.
7. Press Done on the Thermostat again to exit the Menu screen.
8. Once enrolled on your system’s network, continue to follow the instructions provided to complete the enrollment and naming of the thermostat.
9. The indicator should be shown on the Thermostat Main screen indicating the thermostat has successfully been enrolled into the Z-Wave network.
Please note that this is a user manual TBZ500 Thermostat from RCS is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have TBZ500 Thermostat and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.