The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Thermostat (TBZ500)from RCS. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from RCS follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Thermostat supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
RCS describes Thermostat as having the following features:
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery powered using AA batteries
- Battery Quantity
- Thermostat HVAC Systems Supported
- Thermostat Modes
- Thermostat Power Source
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Inclusion is started by putting the controller into add node state and performing the General Programming Procedure. As part of the process, the thermostat sends a node information frame at normal power. Low power inclusion is not possible.
General Programming Procedure (for controllers supporting the thermostat device class):
1. Set your primary controller to Include, add or Install mode, to add the thermostat as a node on your network (see your controller’s user manual for detailed instructions).
2. Press any button to take thermostat out of sleep mode.
3. Press and hold FAN button for 5 seconds. SETUP will be displayed in the status display line.
4. Scroll to “Z-Wave” using buttons. Press SELECT.
5. When prompted by your Z-Wave controller, Press the YES button in the Z-Wave Install screen.
6. Press SELECT (mode button) to add thermostat to network.
7. Display line should fl ash WAIT then SUCCESS if Z-Wave connection is made.
8. If Z-Wave does not connect to controller, WAIT, then FAIL will flash in status display line.
9. If thermostat fails to connect, repeat Steps three (3) thru (7) to re-try connecting.
Your controller will indicate the thermostat was successfully added to its network (see your controller’s user manual for details). Also, you can check if the thermostat was successfully added to the network by checking the ZHID (Home ID) and ZNID (Node ID) located in the Thermostat Info screen.
For other specific tasks such as adding the thermostat to Scenes or Groups, or deleting the thermostat from an existing network, refer to the Z-Wave controller instructions.
Exclusion is started by putting the controller into remove node state and performing the General Programming Procedure. As part of the process, the thermostat sends a node information frame at normal power. Low power exclusion is not possible.
Factory reset Thermostat
WARNING: Please use this procedure only when the Z-Wave Primary Controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
To reset the TBZ500's Z-Wave parameters to Factory Settings (both Z-Wave and HVAC settings):
1. Remove power from the TBZ500.
2. Power up the TBZ500 and when you see TBZ500 on the screen, hold down the MODE and FAN buttons simultaneously.
3. Release when RESET appears on the Status Line.
4. Once the TBZ500 resets the Z-Wave and HVAC settings, a DONE confirmation message will appear on the screen before the thermostat self-reboots.
Test Mode - shortens the system built-in delays (like
MOT and MRT)
Aux Heat Enable (Heat Pump Systems only) - Enables the auxiliary heat operation.
2nd Stage Heat Enable - Enables the second stage heat operation
2nd Stage Cool Enable - Enables the second stage cool operation
Minimum run time - Sets the Minimum Run Time (MRT) delay before a heating/cooling cycle can turn off. Prevents rapid on/off cycling.
Minimum Off Time - Sets the Minimum Off Time (MOT) delay before
another heating/cooling cycle can begin. Provides
compressor short cycle protection. “Wait” is displayed
on screen when active.
Heat Setpoint Max. - Sets the maximum heating setpoint value.
Will not ramp or accept setpoints higher than this maximum
Cool Setpoint Min. - Sets the maximum heating setpoint value
Heat Blower Off Delay - Sets the system blower delay off time after a heat call ends (fan purge)
Cool Blower Off Delay - Sets the system blower delay off time after a cool call ends (fan purge)
Heat - Cool Delta - Sets the minimum separation between heating
and cooling setpoints.
Heating Stage 1 on Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 1 heating starts.
Heating Stage 1 Off Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 1 heating stops.
Heating Stage 2 On Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 2 heating starts.
Heating Stage 2 Off Threshold - Sets the delay from setpoint that stage 2 heating stops.
Aux Heat On Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 3 heating starts.
Aux Heat Off Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 3 heating stops.
Cooling Stage 1 On Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 1 cooling starts.
Cooling Stage 1 Off Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 1 cooling stops.
Cooling Stage 2 On Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 2 cooling starts.
Cooling Stage 2 Off Threshold - Sets the delta from setpoint that stage 2 cooling stops.
Restore Defaults - Restores all settings to factory defaults.
Please note that this is a user manual Thermostat from RCS is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Thermostat and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.