The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Wave Repeater with socket iO (10002880-039)from Simon. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Simon follow that link.
This device is a security enabled Z-Wave Plus product that is able to use encrypted Z-Wave Plus messages to communicate to other security enabled Z-Wave Plus products.
Smart Plug is also a security Z-Wave device and supports the Over The Air (OTA) feature for the product’s firmware upgrade.
This device must be used in conjunction with a Security Enabled Z-Wave Controller in order to fully utilize all implemented functions.
1) AC output switch on/off by manual or Z-Wave command;
2) RGB LED indicates the Z-WAVE network range and load power;
3) Support S0 and S2 security network;
4) Supporting power meter;
5) Supporting repeater role;
6) Supporting firmware OTA;
7) Supporting Smart Start;
8) Supports over-current protection
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Wave Repeater with socket iO supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Simon describes Z-Wave Repeater with socket iO as having the following features:
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Switch Load Capacity Volt-Ampere
- Communications Protocol
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Switch Type
- Supported Meter Type
- Switch Load Capacity Watts
- Electric Load Type
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1) Insert the Plug into a socket.
2) Set the Z-Wave network controller into the exclusion mode.
3) Triple click the Z button.
4) LED will blink in blue for 3 times, and then start slow flashing to indicate that the remove for exclusion is successful. LED will indicate network status after it is removed from Z-Wave network.
Factory reset Z-Wave Repeater with socket iO
Long press the button for 20 seconds and the blue LED will speed up the flash and then LED will keep on for 3 seconds in blue and Smart Plug will send ”Device Reset Locally Notification” to the main controller and exclude from the Z-Wave network, this procedure will reset Smart Plug to factory default. Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Add for inclusion (non-security and security):
1)Connect the power supply.
2)Set the Z-Wave network main controller into learning mode.
3)Triple click the Z-button, the LED indicator will be flashing 3 times in Blue.
4)Smart Plug should be recognized and included into the Z-Wave network.
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: 1. Scan the QR code on your device, and add the device DSK to the main controller.
2. Power on Smart Plug.
3. LED will blink in blue for 3 times, and enter Smart Start. If add Smart
Plug for inclusion is successful, the LED will be off.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Wave Repeater with socket iO from Simon is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Wave Repeater with socket iO and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.