The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Wave Secondary Keypad (M/N: KP01)from .vivint. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from vivint follow that link.
The keypad has an easy-to-use interface with identified and illuminated buttons, as well as indicator icons that show when the device is offline, or battery power is low. It also displays security system status with a downcast light.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Wave Secondary Keypad supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
vivint describes Z-Wave Secondary Keypad as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using AA Alkaline batteries
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
• Vivint panel/hub via Z-Wave (Classic Inclusion): Use this standard method for adding Z-Wave devices at the panel or hub. Use the "PAIR/RESET" button next to the battery tray. Follow the onscreen prompts to add the keypad.
Removing Keypad from System
To remove the device, place the panel Use this standard method for excluding Z-Wave devices at the panel or hub. Use the "PAIR/RESET" button next to the battery tray. Follow the onscreen prompts to add the keypad.
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: page 1 under network inclusion
This device is frequently listening device so the device is always reachable.
Factory reset Z-Wave Secondary Keypad
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
To restore the keypad to factory settings which removes it from any network as well:
1. Locate the button labeled Pair/Reset underneath the back battery cover.
2. Insert a paperclip into the hole until you feel the button depress.
3. Hold the button down for ten seconds. The green downcast indicator will blink rapidly while the reset button is pressed and go out after ten seconds.
4. The device’s downcast indicator will turn red when the reset operation is complete. The device is now ready to be added back to a Z-Wave network.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Wave Secondary Keypad from .vivint is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Wave Secondary Keypad and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.