The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Water Leak Detector (ZL-LD-100)from ZLINK. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from ZLINK follow that link.
- Water sensing cable may be placed anywhere where there is a risk of a leak, horizontal (ﬂoor, attic) or vertical (wall, along pipes), providing 3D capability to sense the leak.
- Senses as little as couple of drops of water (0.25ml – 0.5ml)
- Provides hundreds of times more coverage vs. traditional single point sensors that only detect leaks in a very localized area.
- Quickly senses water leaks (every 400msec with micro USB power supply, every 60 sec. with battery) before expensive damage occurs.
- LD-100 reports local temperature once every 60 minutes on battery, when using micro USB power supply it can be set using conﬁguration parameter 3.
- Built-in audible buzzer sounds when water is detected.
- Includes 4-foot-long sensing cable that senses water on any part of the cable.
- Water sensing cable extend-able up to 150 feet with available extensions.
- Powered by 3 x AAA batteries (not included) or standard 5V micro USB power supply (not included).
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Water Leak Detector supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
ZLINK describes Water Leak Detector as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Supported Notification Types
- Battery powered using AAA batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Outdoor Use
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset Water Leak Detector
Use the manual reset procedure only in the event that the network primary controller is lost or otherwise inoperable.
Press and hold the Z-Wave button on the sensor body for 10 seconds. If successful, the LED will flash 5 times rapidly.
When on battery power, the unit will stay awake for 5 minutes when the button is pressed to complete inclusion process. Once included, the unit will wake up every 60 seconds and detect for water.
Also, the unit will wake up every hour to report temperature to the controller.
Exclusion: Remove the device from your network by a Z-Wave certiﬁed controller. The device can be removed using the traditional method for Z-Wave as follows:
1. Place your controller into Exclusion mode by following the controller manufacturer's instructions.
2. When the controller is ready, single click the button of LD-100. The controller should indicate that the new device was removed successfully. If the controller shows it failed, repeat the procedure.
Inclusion: Add the device into your network by a Z-Wave certiﬁed controller. If the controller is SmartStart compatible, refer to the controller manufacturer app that allows the DSK code to be scanned, and scan the DSK code on the inside of the battery door or on the box. If your controller is not S2/ SmartStart compatible, the device can be added using the traditional method for Z-Wave as follows:
1. Place your controller into Inclusion (Add) mode by following the controller manufacturer's instructions.
2. When the controller is ready, single click the button of LD-100. The controller should indicate that the new device was added successfully. If the controller shows it failed, repeat the procedure.
Please note that this is a user manual Water Leak Detector from ZLINK is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Water Leak Detector and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.