The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product ZL-100 Worlds Smallest Hub (ZL-100)from ZLINK. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from ZLINK follow that link.
Use the ZLINK app to:
● Share home locations with other users
● Share rooms with family members
● See 'What happened' in your home
● Manage your 'Favorite' devices from the same screen
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, ZL-100 Worlds Smallest Hub supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
ZLINK describes ZL-100 Worlds Smallest Hub as having the following features:
- Gateway Has Preferred Partners
- Communications Connections
- Outdoor Use
- Communications Protocol
- Controller Supports Multiple Networks
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Controller Supports Multiple Z-Wave Interfaces
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Factory reset ZL-100 Worlds Smallest Hub
1. Click the gear icon on the left sidebar
2. Click Reset hub to default.
3. Click Yes when prompted to confirm, or No if you decide not to reset the ZL-100.
4. If you confirm the ZL-100 reset request, it returns to its default settings. The My ZLINKs page is displayed.
The image of the reset ZL-100 now displays a default name and color.
If this controller is the primary controller for your network, resetting it will result in the nodes in your network being orphaned and it will be necessary after the reset to exclude and re-include all of the nodes in the network. If this controller is being used as a secondary controller in the network, use this procedure to reset this controller only in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
1. Click the Z-Wave icon on the left sidebar.
2. Z-Wave to open the list of connected Z-Wave devices (your device will be visible in the
3. Open the Z-Wave Settings dropdown menu and select Start Excluding any Device. This enables the exclusion mode.
4. After the device exclusion process is started you need to complete the procedure by excluding it from the current network. Follow the steps described in the device instructions. This enables ZL-100 to locate your Z-Wave device and disconnect it from its network.
Use this certified controller to add a device into your network. ZL-100 supports the latest S2 security offered by Z-Wave certified controllers.
1. Click the Z-Wave icon on the left sidebar.
2. Click Add Device.
3. Press the inclusion button on the device.
4. Click Z-Wave, the ZLINK app shows a Z-Wave device addition in progress. The device is discovered automatically.
5. If the device to be added supports the Security2 (S2) authentication, the system offers the option of connecting the device with or without the S2 Authentication. If the device does not support the S2 authentication, skip to Step 8.
6. If you wish to connect the device using the S2 authentication, choose the corresponding option (S2 Access or S2 Authenticated) and click Continue. Note: if you select S2 Unauthenticated and then click Continue without security, the device will be connected without the S2 authentication procedure. The S2 authentication can be aborted at any stage.
7. Once you have selected the S2 authentication, you need to enter the first 5 digits of the DSK key of your device. You can find the DSK key either on the device packaging or on the device itself.
8. After the successful S2 authentication, follow the procedure described in the device user instructions to add it to the ZL-100. The progress bar will indicate the process of Z-Wave device addition.
9. When the addition has been completed, a notification appears on the screen to confirm that the device was added to the ZL-100. The device is identified by its default name.
10. You can cancel device addition by clicking Stop including.
11. The device name is populated automatically from the data received from the devices during the inclusion. You can change the default name to a custom one by typing it in the Device Name field.
12. Once the device is added, it is not assigned to any room. To assign the device to a specific room, open the Device Room drop down menu and select the room to which the device is to be assigned.
13. Click Save to store the device name and room assignment.
14. To view and manage the device, click the home icon in the sidebar to display the list of rooms. Choose the room to which the new device has been assigned. All devices assigned to the selected room will be displayed. You can select any of the devices to view its details or manage it.
Please note that this is a user manual ZL-100 Worlds Smallest Hub from ZLINK is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have ZL-100 Worlds Smallest Hub and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.