The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Keypad v2 (Keypad v2)from Ring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Ring follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Keypad v2 supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Access Control
Ring describes Keypad v2 as having the following features:
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Learn Mode allows you to add a controller to an existing Z-Wave network. When a controller enters Learn Mode, it looks for another controller to communicate with.
To enter Learn Mode:
1. Open the menu, then tap Devices.
2. Tap Protect.
3. Tap the Ring Protect Base Station.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Tap Advanced Options.
6. Tap Z-Wave.
7. Tap Learn Mode.
8. Tap Enter Learn Mode.
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: the 5-digit DSK PIN found on the package of the Ring Alarm Keypad or the 5-digit DSK PIN found under the QR code on the device.
Classic Inclusion should be used if the controller does not support SmartStart.
1. Initiate add flow for Security Devices in the Ring mobile application – Follow the guided add flow instructions provided in the Ring mobile application.
2. Select add manually and enter the 5-digit DSK PIN found on the package of the Ring Alarm Keypad or the 5-digit DSK PIN found under the QR code on the device.
3. After powering on the device, press and hold the #1 button for ~3 seconds. Release the button and the device will enter Classic inclusion mode which implements both classic inclusion with a Node Information Frame, and Network Wide Inclusion. During Classic Inclusion mode, the green Connection LED will blink three times followed by a brief pause, repeatedly. When Classic inclusion times-out, the device will blink alternating red and green a few times.
1. Initiate remove “Ring Alarm Keypad” flow in the Ring Alarm mobile application – Select the settings icon from device details page and choose “Remove Device” to remove the device. This will place the controller into Remove or “Z-Wave Exclusion” mode.
2. Locate the pinhole reset button on the back of the device.
3. With the controller in Remove (Z-Wave Exclusion) mode, use a paper clip or similar object and tap the pinhole button. The device’s Connection LED turns on solid red to indicate the device was removed from the network.
Factory reset Keypad v2
Factory Default Instructions
1. To restore Ring Alarm Keypad to factory default settings, locate the pinhole reset button on the device. This is found on the back of the device after removing the back bracket.
2. Using a paperclip or similar object, insert it into the pinhole, press and hold the button down for 10 seconds.
3. The device’s Connection icon LED will rapidly blink green continuously for 10 seconds. After about 10 seconds, when the green blinking stops, release the button. The red LED will turn on solid to indicate the device was removed from the network.
Use this procedure only in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Not applicable. Ring Alarm Keypad (LSS) is a Frequently Listening Receiver Slave (FLiRS) device and does not support Wake Up Command Class.
Please note that this is a user manual Keypad v2 from Ring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Keypad v2 and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.