The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Panic Button (4AP1S90EN0)from Ring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Ring follow that link.
In case of emergency, Panic Button can be used
to signal your Ring Alarm Base Station to sound its siren. If you’re subscribed to Ring Protect Plus, our 24/7 professional monitoring center is notified and emergency responders can be dispatched.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Panic Button supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Ring describes Panic Button as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR23 batteries
- Supported Notification Types
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Inclusion Instructions -
- Begin the setup process near your Ring Alarm Base Station.
- In the Ring app, tap Set Up a Device
- Choose Security Devices, then Base Station,
then Ring Panic Button, and tap Add Device
- To complete the setup process, follow the in-app instructions.
- When prompted, scan the QR Code or enter the PIN. (The QR Code and PIN are on the back of your Panic Button and in the product packaging.)
- This begins the pairing process.
- When prompted, pull out the clear tab.
- This turns the Panic Button on. Your Base Station then finds it automatically.
- As the Panic Button pairs to your Base Station, its LED ring will blink. Once it pairs, the LED glows blue for three seconds.
Note: If the Panic Button does not pair successfully, the LED ring glows red. To try the pairing process again, remove and reinstall the battery inside the Panic Button.
Factory reset Panic Button
Factory Reset Instructions -
- Press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds. When the LED ring stops blinking, your Panic Button has reset.
- A factory reset disconnects the Panic Button from your Ring Alarm. To begin using the Panic Button again, repeat the setup process in the Ring app.
- Use this procedure only in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Exclusion Instructions -
- Open the side menu in the Ring app and tap Devices, then Base Station. Select your Panic Button and tap the gear-shaped icon. Then tap Remove Device.
- When prompted, open the Panic Button and remove and reinstall the battery to complete the removal.
Open top cover to wakeup device
Please note that this is a user manual Panic Button from Ring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Panic Button and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.