The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Range Extender (Range Extender v2)from Ring. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Ring follow that link.
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Range Extender supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Ring describes Range Extender as having the following features:
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: The 5-digit DSK pin found on the package of the Ring Alarm Range Extender or the 5-digit DSK pin found under the QR code on the device.
After powering on the device, press and hold the button on the front of the device for ~3 seconds. Release the button and the device will enter Classic inclusion mode which implements both classic inclusion with a Node Information Frame, and Network Wide Inclusion. During Classic Inclusion mode, the green LED will blink three times followed by a brief pause, repeatedly. When Classic inclusion times-out, the device will blink alternating red and green a few times.
1. Initiate remove “Ring Alarm Range Extender” flow in the Ring Alarm mobile application – Select the settings icon from device details page and choose Remove Device to remove the device. This will place the controller into Remove or “Z-Wave Exclusion” mode.
2. Locate the pinhole reset button on the back of the device.
3. With the controller in Remove (Z-Wave Exclusion) mode, use a paper clip or similar object and tap the pinhole button. The
device’s red LED turns on solid to indicate the device was removed from the network.
Not applicable. Ring Alarm Range Extender is an Always On Slave (AOS) and does not support Wake Up Command Class.
Factory reset Range Extender
Factory Default Instructions
1. To restore Ring Alarm Range Extender to factory default settings, locate the pinhole reset button on the device. This is found on the back of the device after unplugging the device from the outlet.
2. Using a paperclip or similar object, insert it into the pinhole, press and hold the button down for 10 seconds.
3. The device will rapidly blink green continuously for 10 seconds. After about 10 seconds, when the green blinking stops,
release the button. The red LED will turn on solid to indicate the device was removed from the network.
Note: Use this procedure only in the event that the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.
Please note that this is a user manual Range Extender from Ring is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Range Extender and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.