The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Door/Window Sensor (ZSE41)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Quick and reliable open/close alerts sent to your Z-Wave™ hub
- NEW 700 series chip for faster communication and more battery life than ever
- Extra small for discreet mounting
- Waterproof case available for outdoor installs (sold separately)
- Powered by a single coin battery
- The latest S2 security and SmartStart for secure set-up
- Supports OTA firmware updates
- Model Number: ZSE41
- Z-Wave™ Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 1 x CR2032 battery
- Operating Temperature: 32° – 104° F
- Dimensions: 1.9” x 1” x 0.3” (magnet: 1.26” x 0.3” x 0.3”)
- Range: Up to 130 feet line of sight
- Installation and Use: Indoor or outdoor with waterproof case (sold separately)
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Door/Window Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Zooz describes Door/Window Sensor as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Battery powered using CR2032 batteries
- Outdoor Use
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface). Not sure how? firstname.lastname@example.org
While the hub is looking for new devices, click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible. The LED indicator will start flashing to confirm inclusion mode and turn off once inclusion is completed.
1. Bring the sensor within direct range of your Z-Wave hub.
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (not sure how to do that? email@example.com).
3. Click the Z-Wave button 3 times as quickly as possible.
4. Your hub will confirm exclusion and the sensor will disappear from your controller's device list.
Factory reset Door/Window Sensor
When your network’s primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings manually. In order to complete the process, make sure the sensor is powered, then click the Z-Wave button twice and hold it the third time for 10 seconds. The LED indicator will blink continuously. Immediately after, click the Z-Wave button twice more to finalize the reset. The LED indicator will flash 3 times to confirm a successful reset.
Outdoor use available with a dedicated waterproof case (sold separately).
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: If you’re using an S2 hub, it will ask you to enter the DSK PIN or scan the QR code printed on the back cover sticker of the sensor to complete SmartStart inclusion.
The sensor’s wake-up interval is set to 12 hours by default to save battery life. Use the Wake Up Command Class to adjust the interval. Click the Z-Wave button 4 times quickly to wake the sensor up manually. The LED indicator will flash twice to confirm the device is awake. During wake-up, the sensor turns the Z-Wave radio on for one minute to receive communication from the hub. Long wake-up interval will not affect how often the sensor reports to your hub so we recommend leaving the default setting to conserve battery.
Please note that this is a user manual Door/Window Sensor from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Door/Window Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.