The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product On/off Switch 700 (ZEN71)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Manual or Z-Wave on/off control with instant status updates
- NEW: 700 series Z-Wave chip for better range and faster control
- Direct 3-Way: works with regular on/off switches in a 3-way
- Scene control: trigger actions with multi-tap (select hubs only)
- Smart bulb mode: disable relay and control the light via Z-Wave
- Remembers and restores on/off status after power failure
- Adjustable LED indicator in 4 colors and 3 brightness levels
- Built-in Z-Wave range test tool and signal repeater
- Works with LED and incandescent bulbs (don’t use with tube lights or receptacles)
- Model Number: ZEN71
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Load: 150W LED or CFL bulbs, 960W Incandescent, 1800W (15A) Resistive, 3A motor (DON’T use with receptacles)
- Range: Up to 500 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, On/off Switch 700 supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Zooz describes On/off Switch 700 as having the following features:
- Neutral Wire Required
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- Switch Load Capacity Watts
- Z-Wave Scene Type
- Electric Load Type
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: Scan the QR code or enter the 5-digit DSK located in the bottom left corner of the metal plate on the switch (shown visually in the manual).
1. Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface).
2. Finalize inclusion at the switch. TAP UP 3 TIMES QUICKLY if using traditional Z-Wave inclusion.
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway (hub) close to the switch if possible
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (not sure how to do that? firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Tap the lower paddle on the switch 3 times quickly (the LED indicator will start blinking blue)
4. Your hub will confirm exclusion, the LED indicator on the switch will turn green for 3 seconds, and the device will disappear from your controller's device list
Factory reset On/off Switch 700
If your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings. To reset the switch, press and hold the lower paddle for 10 seconds until the LED indicator starts blinking. Release paddle, and immediately after, tap the lower paddle 5 times to complete the reset. The LED indicator will flash blue 3 times and turn red for 3 seconds to confirm successful reset.
NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
Please note that this is a user manual On/off Switch 700 from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have On/off Switch 700 and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.