The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Outdoor Motion Sensor (ZSE29)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Quick and reliable motion alerts to Z-Wave hub
- Outdoor ready housing (avoid direct sun and rain)
- Set motion time-out and lux trigger at the sensor
- Auto-inclusion for easy set-up
- The latest S2 security and Z-Wave Plus chip
- Powered by common batteries or Micro USB
- Built-in tamper switch for extra security
- Model Number: ZSE29
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 3 x AA (1.5 V) batteries / Micro USB
- Motion Detection: up to 30 feet
- Operating Temperature: -4 – 104 F
- Warm-up time: 1 minute
- Range: Up to 130 feet line of sight
- Installation and Use: Indoor / Outdoor
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Outdoor Motion Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Zooz describes Outdoor Motion Sensor as having the following features:
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using AA (1.5 V) batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Outdoor Use
- Supported Notification Types
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface). Not Sure how? firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re using an S2 hub, it may ask you to enter the DSK key printed on the back cover sticker to complete secure inclusion.
2. Insert the batteries or the USB adapter board. The LED indicator
will start blinking and the sensor will join the network Automatically.
Put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion mode and click the tamper switch 3 times quickly.
1. Bring the sensor within direct range of your Z-Wave
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (not sure
how to do that? email@example.com).
3. Press and release the tamper switch 3 times quickly.
4. Your hub will confirm exclusion and the sensor will
disappear from your controller's device list.
Factory reset Outdoor Motion Sensor
When your network’s primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings manually. In order to complete the process, make sure the sensor is powered, then CLICKCLICK-CLICK-CLICK’N’HOLD the tamper switch for AT LEAST 5 SECONDS. The LED indicator will turn off to
indicate successful reset. The sensor will then enter auto-inclusion mode for 4 minutes.
NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
The sensor’s wake-up interval is set to 4 hours by default to save battery life. Use the Wake Up Command Class to adjust the interval (in seconds, working in 600s intervals, with 600 as min and 86400 as max values).
During wake-up, the sensor turns the Z-Wave radio on for 10 seconds to receive communication from the hub. Long wake-up interval will not affect how often the sensor reports motion to your hub.
LUX and motion retrigger set directly at the sensor, no advanced configuration needed.
Please note that this is a user manual Outdoor Motion Sensor from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Outdoor Motion Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.