The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product S2 Dimmer (ZEN27)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Manual or Z-Wave on/off and brightness control
- Simple Direct 3-Way: connect with existing on/off switches in 3-way, 4-way, and 5-way set-ups, no add-on needed (neutral wire required)
- Fully adjustable ramp rate for just the right on/off speed
- Double tap to full brightness feature
- Remembers and restores on/off status after power failure
- LED indicator signals inclusion, exclusion, reset, and setting changes
- Built-in Z-Wave Plus signal repeater to extend network range
- Extended compatibility with LED bulbs, no more flickering!
- S2 security protocol and the latest 500 Z-Wave chip for faster and safer wireless communication
- Customizable LED indicator and air-gap switch for added safety
- Model Number: ZEN27
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Load: 100 W LED/CFL, 300 W incandescent (100 W with
both sides of heat sink tabs off)
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, S2 Dimmer supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Zooz describes S2 Dimmer as having the following features:
- Electric Load Type
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Neutral Wire Required
- Switch Load Capacity Watts
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface) of your hub.
2. Tap the upper paddle on the switch 3 times quickly.
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway (hub) close to the switch if possible
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode (not sure how to do that?
3. Tap the lower paddle on the switch 3 times quickly
- S2 Security
- Simple Direct 3-way & 4-way (no add-on switches needed)
- Control the LED indicator mode right from the switch
Factory reset S2 Dimmer
If your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings. To complete the reset process manually, tap-tap-tap’n’hold the upper paddle for at least 10 seconds. The LED indicator will flash to confirm successful reset.
NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
Please note that this is a user manual S2 Dimmer from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have S2 Dimmer and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.