The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Universal Relay (ZEN17)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Powerful dry contact NO/NC relays to control loads up to 20 A for NO
- Perfect for DC motors, pumps, commercial gates, or HVAC equipment
- Control up to 2 connected loads independently or together
- Z-Wave or optional wall switch control (toggle or momentary type)
- Monitor inputs independently from output control
- Built-in timers for each relay to simplify automation
- Built-in Z-Wave Plus signal repeater to extend network range
- Powered by 12-24 V DC/AC or USB C port for easy set-up
- Wall mounting and minimal design for clean installation
- NEW 700 Z-Wave chip, S2 security, and SmartStart
- Model Number: ZEN17
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Power: 12-24 V DC/AC or USB C (DON’T use laptop / tablet chargers)
- Maximum Load: NO relays: 20 A, NC relays: 10 A
- Inputs: dry contact or 12-24 V AC/DC (use 1 input type at a time!)
- Range: Up to 200 feet line of sight
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Universal Relay supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Authenticated
- S2 Unauthenticated
Zooz describes Universal Relay as having the following features:
- Switch Type
- Electric Load Type
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- Loads Controlled
- Switch Load Capacity Current
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
SmartStart QR code's location as follows: Under Z-Wave Control > Add device
1. Initiate inclusion (pairing) in the app (or web interface).
2. TAP THE Z-WAVE BUTTON 3 TIMES QUICKLY if using traditional Z-Wave inclusion.
3. The LED indicator will blink to signal communication and remain on for 2 seconds to confirm inclusion.
1. Bring your Universal Relay close to the Z-Wave hub and power it
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode
3. Click the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly
4. Your hub will confirm exclusion and the Universal Relay will disappear from your controller's device list
Factory reset Universal Relay
If your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings. To complete the reset process manually, click the Z-Wave button 4 times quickly, the LED indicator will light up,
then quickly click the Z-Wave button 4 times again. The LED indicator will flash 3 times to confirm successful reset and will then turn off.
Additional devices created when input type set to security sensor (Parameters 2-3 set to values 4-10).
IMPORTANT: If you set this parameter to value 4-10, you’ll need to exclude and re-include the
device (without changing any settings) so that a child device is created for the input of your
Please note that this is a user manual Universal Relay from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Universal Relay and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.