The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor (ZSE18)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Fast, reliable motion detection
- Built-in vibration sensor
- Latest S2 security protocol and AES-128 signal encryption
- 2 alternative power sources: battery or micro USB
- Auto-inclusion for instant set-up
- Visual range test tool
- Magnetic mount for quick and flexible installation
- Adjustable LED indicator
- Low battery alerts
- Z-Wave Plus with improved 500 chip for faster and safer wireless
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
- S2 Unauthenticated
Zooz describes Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor as having the following features:
- Supported Notification Types
- Battery Quantity
- Battery powered using CR123A batteries
- Firmware updatable via a compatible Z-Wave gateway
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
Initiate inclusion in the Z-Wave interface.
Activating the battery will automatically put the sensor into inclusion mode. If it’s not added within 30 seconds, try resetting it and including it manually.
1. Bring the sensor within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway (hub).
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into inclusion mode.
3. Press and release the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly. The LED indicator will start blinking fast and turn solid for a second to confirm inclusion.
3. A new motion sensor will appear in your device list.
1. Bring the sensor within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway
2. Put the Z-Wave hub into exclusion mode.
3. Press and release the Z-Wave button on the sensor 3 times as
quickly as possible.
4. Your hub will confirm exclusion and the device will disappear
from your controller's device list.
Factory reset Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor
If your primary controller is missing or inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings.
To complete the reset process manually, press and HOLD the Z-Wave button on the sensor for at least 20 seconds. The LED indicator will flash, stay solid, and then turn off to confirm factory reset.
NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
Press and HOLD the Z-Wave button for 5 seconds to wake the device
up. The LED will start flashing.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.