The following is an overview of the user manual for the Z-Wave product Z-Wave Plus Water Sensor (ZSE30)from Zooz. To view other Z-Wave products and manuals from Zooz follow that link.
- Reliable water and leak detection
- Wireless notifications and event triggers (when included to a Z-Wave gateway controller)
- Built-in audio and visual alarms
- Low battery alerts
- Z-Wave Plus with improved 500 chip for faster and safer wireless communication
- Flexible installation with 2 mounting options
Model Number: ZSE30
Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
Power: 1 CR2 battery (included)
Power Consumption: 0.13W
Operating Temperature: 32 – 104 F
Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight
Installation and Use: Indoor only
Dimensions: 2.5” x 0.9”
Weight: 2 oz
As a Z-Wave Plus certified product, Z-Wave Plus Water Sensor supports Z-Wave S2 security. The following security modes are directly supported:
Zooz describes Z-Wave Plus Water Sensor as having the following features:
- Battery powered using CR2 batteries
- Battery Quantity
- FLiRS capable
- Supports Network Wide Inclusion
- Supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames
- Supports Z-Wave SmartStart allowing you to setup the product simply by scanning its QR code via
1. Make sure the Water Sensor is powered on and located within direct range of your Z-Wave gateway controller
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in exclusion mode
3. Press and release the Z-Wave button 3 TIMES quickly. The LED indicator will flash quickly
4. The Water Sensor should disappear from your controller's device list
If the first attempt is unsuccessful, please repeat the process following all steps carefully.
1. Bring the Water Sensor within direct range of your controller
2. Carefully remove the cover from the sensor
3. Remove the plastic pull-tab from the battery slot. The LED indicator will blink slowly 5 times
4. Put your Z-Wave controller into inclusion mode
5. Press and release the Z-Wave button on the Water Sensor 3 TIMES quickly. The LED indicator
will flash quickly
6. A new water (leak) sensor will appear on your controller's device list
If you are unable to include the Z-Wave Water Sensor to your controller, try one of the following:
- Bring the sensor closer to your hub or use a hand-held secondary controller to perform inclusion
- Once in inclusion mode, press and release the Z-Wave button quickly 6-7 TIMES to ensure the command has gone through
- Put your controller in EXCLUSION mode. Press and release the Z-Wave button quickly 3 TIMES, and then try adding the sensor to your network again
- You may need to change the device type manually if the sensor is not recognized correctly (email us for more info: email@example.com)
Factory reset Z-Wave Plus Water Sensor
When your network’s primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable, you may need to reset the device to factory settings manually. To complete the process, make sure the Water Sensor is powered on, then PRESS AND HOLD the Z-Wave button for AT LEAST 10 SECONDS until the LED indicator flashes ONCE. Release the button. NOTE: All previously recorded activity and custom settings will be erased from the device’s memory.
If you change settings and parameters for the sensor, you may need to wake it up manually for the changes to be recorded. Press and release the Z-Wave button THREE TIMES to wake the device up. The LED indicator will flash ONCE.
The sensor’s wake-up interval is set to 12 hours by default to save battery life. Though not recommended, you can change the wake-up interval using your controller’s advanced settings if available. Minimum value: 300s (5 minutes), maximum value: 16,777,200s (around 194 days). Accepted values need to match minute intervals, so 300, 360, 420, etc.
Please note that this is a user manual Z-Wave Plus Water Sensor from Zooz is provided as is and without warranty; all information contained herein is provided by the manufacturer or the certifying body. The information provided is for reference only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional advice. ZWaveProducts.com only warrants and is only able to support products purchased directly from us. If you have Z-Wave Plus Water Sensor and have not purchased it from us, please contact the manufacturer directly with any further questions you may have.